Do I still need High res textures DLC if I installed Tamriel Reloaded?

alonewolf003

Just add them. The High Res Textures from Bethesda cover most of the things in Skyrim, while mods only cover small parts. Even the most extensive HD mods lack a lot of textures. Low res textures in between HD looks even worse than general low res.

Just add them. The High Res Textures from Bethesda cover most of the things in Skyrim, while mods only cover small parts. Even the most extensive HD mods lack a lot of textures. Low res textures in between HD looks even worse than general low res.

With mods you can cover much more than bethesda dlc. You just have to find them all and install (if the person in question is willing to). Even tho my texture dlc pack is obsolete (my mod organizer folder hit 55gb and 43k files mark -> I will need to clean it a bit sometime soon, 80% of it are texture and mesh replacers / I like switching between profiles and mods when checking them out), I won't uninstall dlc pack. The reason behind is steam dlc registration. Everytime I will run update or consistency check it's gonna download all the files again. I would have to go through trouble of getting rid of the registration and since I have 2x 500gb space on my drives I'm in no hurry.