Loading new DLC-like tfc files?

LiQuiD911

The most likely is a way as that was done for various DLC add-ons in the EU version which all come with a CookedPCConsole folder of their own. I have briefly looked into the Unreal Frontend utility for cooking/deploying content which seemed to have modes for DLC-style operations, but I couldn't really make sense of it :ermm:

Not sure what's needed to make the base game recognize DLC-style content either, I think Amineri dug up some info about that here.

• 2 months later...

Bump.

I noticed that the EW xcomgame.upk lacks the some dlc classes which EU has.

I believe you will find that EW moved them to other UPKs. Some changes have been noted in the "Command1.UPK" article. I'm guessing in your case you will be interested in

There are a bunch of new UICollection_<something>_SF.upks

You may find the "Adding and changing art assets" article of some assistance as well.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

The game loads anything found in cookedPCconsole folder, even new TFC files. I guess there's no need for researching how EU did it, all we need to do is cook and place the new files in that folder.

Now we just have to find how to set a different name for the tfc from the default one (when cooking new content).

Edited by LiQuiD911