GECK - Problem with GOODBYE topic

Glubglu

So... here's the thing, I'm trying to make a custom companion mod, everything works fine except the GOODBYE topic on the conversation tab. It works, but not only affects my custom companion, but some of the vanilla NPCs too, does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/SorZezH.png

Don't use the GOODBYE topic for that. Its for ending a conversation between two NPC's.

Make your own 'Let's get Going' topic on the 'Topics' tab and not the conversation tab. Anything that is 'in dialog' between an NPC and the player - make on the topic tab. Use the Conversation tab for conversations between two NPCs or random comments that your follower can say.

• 2 years later...

I don't know where to get help with a GECK Problem. No matter what I have tried, The GECK still Crashes at startup. You get NO OFFICIAL HELP. from Bethesda. Everything is fallout 4 Now. There is no new vegas site anymore. the link sends you to fallout 4 and you can get to NV but it is only a film page. Please someone help.

First of all, if you installed the game to the default "C:\Program Files" folder tree, you need to move it. That is a system protected area and it won't let you make changes to anything under that tree once something is installed. See the "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article in my signature for the "why" this is necessary and links to the official Steam process for moving the game files. Be sure to read the supplemental information in that article before attempting the move.

Then see the "Issue: GECK crashes upon starting" entry in the "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-