FNV edit - merge patch broken? or am I noob?

Izzachar

A more detailed explanation of my problem as also posted in the endorsement thread for FNVedit. Sorry it it wasn't supposed to be in that other thread by someone asked me to post a more detailed explanation. I'm posting here to so I might get help and others that have similar problems could get help in future.

I might very well missunderstand it. I wanna emphasize that its probably I who am doing something wrong and not the program (but I wanna know for sure acuse it is frustrating). I'm providing screenshots to display what I wanna do. From reading that PDF it seemed like I could use it the way I needed it for this. I might be all wrong. And if you have an idea how to solve my problem with FNVedit or with another program I would be very grateful for any help.

So I have one mod that changes weights of food and aids and I have another that changes the names.

As it is now I cannot have on or the other. Cause there are conflicts between the two. I thought that a merge would end me up with the new records that are not in the master (falloutnv.esm) for both mods. So I would have all the unique data there.

Just as displayed in this picture here in that tutorial (maybe I misunderstand it?)

http://yfrog.com/c8image2xvj

I marked the entries for clarification of what I mean. As you see the merged patch has "lvld - chance none" 50 and aquapuravendor entry there. One from each esp. Both of these entries are different from the master and thats why I thought they went over to the merged patch.

http://yfrog.com/7gimage1vhj

here is my mods. What I wanted was to end up with a merged patch that had the PART:wonderglue from the sorter mod and the weight and value from the adventure mod.

As you can see merged.esp contains nothing after I clicked "create merged patch". I also wanna say that this was the only thing I did clicking that. If you wanna do what I did step by step. Load FNVedit select the falloutFNV.esm, sorter.esp and adventure.esp click merge.

I have also tried with different filters, different selections but just doing it randomly to see if something works. The tutorial says nothing about doing anything else then simply clicking create merged patch. So I might have missed something important which most ppl might think of as trivial. As Im so new to FNVedit I might have missed something.

I know how to do this manually, dragging each entry over. But if it works automaticly with merge (or some other program) it would be awesome if someone could help me with this. Cause I really do not wanna do it manually as there are like 100 entries and I think it would be a neat trick to learn for future compatability-making between mods

FNVedit merge function is/was broken. A workaround for me is inputting the masters.esm/esps into a merged.esp manually, but this doesnt always work on mod ports from FO3 in my experience.

This is all FNV mods,. Also how do you do it manually?