Rex Brain Mods

dubbedmk3

So I completed the quest of acquiring a new brain for rex and I had this idea. A mod that lets you swap out rex's brain to other ones that add different effects and stuff like increased speed or attack damage or whatever. Rex is kind of like megaman's dog rush;i think it would be sweet to give him abilities or like special attacks.

• 3 weeks later...
This could be a good idea to expand on, like maybe putting in a deathclaw brain, or human! And provide new effects, like a unique creature of certain types carry the brains, and each brain can give different perks and skills, like a *certain type* of nightstalker brain that gives him higher sneak skill or cloaking. Or an alien brain makes him highly resistant to energy weapons, or makes him more technological looking like maybe a retex with the things from the ghost armor mod for type 3 with its techy glowing lines.

Balls for brains....hmmm, that would look horrible in the brain case, he'd walk up to you with a scrotum between his ears, not such a pretty image. =/

No, testicles should've gone to another place, we don't have to limit surgery to brain surgery... :pinch:

But that experiment failed anyway. :laugh:

• 5 years later...

I am proud to announce that Rex Brain Swap now exists! Thanks to all of your enthusiasm I have decided to create this mod and it is now posted! http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61122? Even though this thread was posted awhile ago (and also Fallout 4 is out now), I hope you'll all still support this.

I'm surprised that after 5 years nobody has taken this idea, but I'm also not surprised because any ordinary shmuck couldn't do the coding required for this lol.

dubbedmk3, I have also credited you for this mod idea.

Edited by JigglesJosh

• 1 month later...

i would like to give rex a nightstalker brain- giving him stealthfield when sneaking

Yeah, that might be an interesting trait. If I did this mod though, I'd want to swap out brains visually. I'd want some obvious differences between them (say different colors and sizes or somesuch) to really emphasize the different gray matter(s).

JigglesJosh's pitch is reminiscent of shamwow or some other late night infomercial;

I am proud to announce that Rex Brain Swap now exists! Thanks to all of your enthusiasm

All the enthusiasm from 5 years ago :wink:

I'm surprised that after 5 years nobody has taken this idea, but I'm also not surprised because any ordinary shmuck couldn't do the coding required for this lol.

hmmmmm yeah, not so much

• 6 months later...

i would like to give rex a nightstalker brain- giving him stealthfield when sneaking

No worries. I'm definitely planning on adding nightstalker brains into this mod. I just wanted to add splicing and some other essential things I believe this mod should have before I start making the Old World Blues version. With nightstalker brains, and Gabe's brain, and maybe Roxie's brain. It will be pretty awesome.

JigglesJosh's pitch is reminiscent of shamwow or some other late night infomercial;

I was excited. :p Ever been excited before? lol