• 1 posts
sxgf

robertward203

robertward203

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
You just drag the data folder of the download into the data folder of your NV, which, by default, is my computer - C - program files - Bethesda - FalloutNV - Data
Meshes go to meshes and textures go to textures. The .esp just goes inside the data folder
If your directory doesn't have the meshes and textures folders, just create them

Then when you load up NV, before you click play, click data files and check the .esp of the mod you downloaded

Fraktyl

Fraktyl

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 143 posts
The default directory should be:
64bit OS - C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
32bit OS - C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas

If you have Steam installed to a different directory, then look in that directory.

BootyhunterzX

BootyhunterzX

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I did this and I didtn't get the .esp at the data files, can anybody help me?

McclaudEagle

McclaudEagle

#1 Most Chat Kicked - Master of CTD Weapons

• Premium Member
  • 1,140 posts
You need to make sure it's in the Data folder. Also, here are a few things to try:

1. Set the GECK to Run as Administrator

2. Change the Show Hidden Folders and Files option

3. Set the game to Run as Administrator

4. If you're using a custom loader, make that Run as Administrator

shadowsedge57

shadowsedge57

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
okay after u start the game, how do you use the mod? like, for instance, i have the nuclear m82 rifle and its activated on the data file but where is it? its not in the pip boy... plz help :)

Glenstorm

Glenstorm

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

okay after u start the game, how do you use the mod? like, for instance, i have the nuclear m82 rifle and its activated on the data file but where is it? its not in the pip boy... plz help :)

Depends on the mod. Please check with the mod author on where to find it.

s13racer316

s13racer316

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
After downloading the mod and extracting the file (.esp) into C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data I start up the game, select "Data Files", then select the files I want for the game (including the .esp file).... game starts... CTD!!! I keep running into this problem no matter what I try. I have even tried the "FOMM" and I get the same "...has stopped working..." message. I will emit I am a noob at mods and have no clue what to do now. Any help will be appreciated.

mrbassplayer

mrbassplayer

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

sxgf

dude i did that and now there is a large triangular red block where the rifle should be, i cant pick it up, its just this wierd object

nicolai1223

nicolai1223

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i have try to install a mod but when i want to open it it Says select a program to open it but every program i have Says cant find it pls help

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.152 seconds