how to install mods to new vegas

dyrano

You just drag the data folder of the download into the data folder of your NV, which, by default, is my computer - C - program files - Bethesda - FalloutNV - Data

Meshes go to meshes and textures go to textures. The .esp just goes inside the data folder

If your directory doesn't have the meshes and textures folders, just create them

Then when you load up NV, before you click play, click data files and check the .esp of the mod you downloaded

i have try to install a mod but when i want to open it it Says select a program to open it but every program i have Says it can't find it. I don't know where to go from there.. Please help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
my game always crashes when i go to leave doc mitchells house, im new to big pc games as this is my first bigger than those little kid construction games i always play ps3 but the mods looked fun so i decided to try and now w/o installing any mod at all my game has already crashed please help

• 5 months later...

having a bad time with this site tbh, i bought new vegas so i could have fun with the mods but now for some reason, the only Nexus site that doesnt work for me is the New Vegas site..

i have this Open DNS Guide program on my pc which redirects me to a seach engine type page when i try and go on any part of the New Vegas Nexus site,

it says it does this because the site is not loading/responding.. no idea why, first time ever on the site really and its going wrong help would help :(

• 2 months later...

I have just started with the mods and I am getting no where I have the NMM and set it up to run as administrator the mods are downloaded and in my NV data files and they are active I know were they are but they are not there I have yet to check up on the one Companion mod to see if its there

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I myself, am having trouble installing mods. I just recently bought the game and was attempting to download several Quest's, Textures and Electro City and Project Nevada. Unfortunately my the game keep crashing after using NMM to manage and install the mods. Can anyone tell me what I ma doing wrong? Or give me an idea on how to fix it?

• 4 weeks later...