• Please log in to reply
557 replies to this topic

fiskin1

fiskin1

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,073 posts
@themeelolz,
Ok, I can alrdy see whats happening. You have the AII-FNV!.bsa in the wrong place. It looks to me like u activated AI with the FOMM. That 'Fallout - AI!.bsa' in that line is from the FOMM. Delete the 'Fallout - AI!.bsa' from that line and place the AII-FNV!.bsa at the beginning right after the equals sign. Save the changes to the .ini file before u close it. Important.
Your line should now look like this:

AII-FNV!.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa

Make sure it looks exactly like that before u save it and then your game wont crash since u r using this mod to AI your game. Try that and lemme know. thnx

themeelolz

themeelolz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
OK it works KINDA

problem: the AI won't stay activated...

so it has done nothing

fiskin1

fiskin1

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,073 posts
@themeelolz,
Then I suggest you go with the delete method that I described below and use the FOMM activatable version to AI. It will be better overall I think since the other method is not working. Make sure to delete the AII-FNV!.bsa from the line in your .ini file. that is important. lemme know how it goes.

themeelolz

themeelolz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
i fixed it....................

haha i feel so strange

i made it work after about 8hours of trying and your help

i had to fix the ini file bout 20 times and replace every single mod..

oh and kudos to you and to myself for trying

fiskin1

fiskin1

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,073 posts
@themeelolz
Glad I could help , modding can be wonderful and frustrating at the same time. lol Its nice when everything 'works' but it does take patience and studying. Modding is not easy at first and I always learn something new each time. Its a growing process that leads to great things.

Not sure why u had to replace every single mod unless ur save games were corrupted. Hmmm. sorry u had to go thru that brother. :/ dang, that takes a while. grr. well, I am really glad u got it working tho and good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of modding. Add me to ur friends list if u want and PM me anytime. ttys

Alma_16

Alma_16

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
I just installed the archiveinvalidation and now my game crashes!!

patriek777

patriek777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Nice mod! first it couldnt find falloutdefault ini but for people that have this aswell just change the name cuz the .ini is missing.

fiskin1

fiskin1

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,073 posts
@patriek777,
The .ini file is not in the Data folder of New Vegas, its actually in the fallout new vegas folder itself. If u didnt have the fallout_default.ini file, the game wouldnt run, trust me. lol. just look for a file called fallout_default there.

@Alma_16,
Are u using the FOMM also?

amoveve

amoveve

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
This could be ridicolous to someone's ears, but after all this mess with the ini i actually found the problem ( atleast for me and other 11 friends of mine): The Fallout_Default.ini in the New vegas folder is the problem. Open it (make sure it is not on read-only) and look at Binvalidateolderfiles= line. It was resetted back to 0.
Infact it was: Binvalidateolderfiles=0 infact you have
to write this: Binvalidateolderfiles=1

fiskin1

fiskin1

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,073 posts
It was reset back to 0? Good grief, yeah that explains it right there. I bet a lot of people are using this with the FOMM and they might be trying to toggle it from there too. Yeah, actually after I got rid of this one, I saw that mine was reset back to 0 too. Good point. I had to change mine to 1 and save it. Good grief.

Everyone who tried the uninstall may have to look in their .ini file to make that Binvalidateolderfiles=1 in order for mods to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.129 seconds