SKSE/Skyrim won't start

MichaelSE

the thing about the workshop is that it automatically installs updates as they come out and can cause crashing. check if any of the steam mods have been updated recently

June 23, 2014 is the most recent update.

Tobe honest, at this point I might just re-install vanilla Skyrim and then only use the mods I consider essential.

UPDATE: I deactivated all mods, uninstalled Nexus Mod Manager, uninstalled the game, deleted all files in program (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/skyrim and reinstalled the game completely vanilla and it STILL doesn't work. Seems like it's a problem with my particular copy of Skyrim (even though it's digital download) and at this point I'm out of ideas. Time to contact support! D:

uninstall Skyrim then delete this file: program (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/skyrim

I guess you mean to do it in that order, or did you not see my other post? :P Either wat I'll give it a try.

You may need to clean the registry entries as well. Good luck with steam support. I have yet to get a reply from them.

Well that's not a good sign. D: I contacted Bethesda directly because thats where the Skyrim Support link sent me, maybe they're better at replying. :)