Skyrim ctd after new install

321abla

Yeah that's not how, when you write a comment there is a way of adding images if you have a look, it's the square thing next to the <> I use photobucket though. The graph shows your ok RAM wise but I'd be concerned about the temp of your GPU, not sure if that's normal for a laptop but usually 80+ is a concern. Other than that... all I can recommend is either going through your mods and trying with just the essentials and gradually adding them to see when you start loosing performance or get the SKSE INI, project optimisation, safety load (some people think it works with the SSME patch (which is in the SKSE ini) but I think it's redundant), Jaxons diagnostics and perhaps check these out;

Guides:

And these skyrim ini files, I use EWIs ones myself;

That's kind of the last bit of advice I can think of, maybe someone else might be able to spot something, otherwise I hope you get it working :smile:

Edited by piperman123

Hi piperman123,

Thank you for all of your advice and i will review all the links you gave me and work away, will post back after a couple of days to inform how things are

Thank you

321abla

Hi I have just reinstalled and changed some of the mods i was using probable a bit too much overkill before with the pretty textures just have one question when running skyrim performance monitor it is not showing the FPS just shows N/Ais this normal

If you're using an ENB or some kind of .dll file then yeah, there is a work around but I didn't bother, didn't seem worth it. Otherwise, I assume you've been into the settings and turned FPS on where you can select what gets monitored. If you have it enabled and don't use ENB or the likes then I'm not sure, mine stopped showing the FPS at some point also but I never bothered to look into it, ENB shows FPS and you can get FRAPS to show it or record it for you or Game Booster which will also help make the game run better too. Both are freeware and I use both myself, I would recommend the game booster, it helps quite a bit and is useful for other things too.

EDIT:

Quote from the Skyrim Performance Monitors page;

Known Limitations and Troubleshooting:

• IMPORTANT! Please make sure that your Microsoft .NET Framework is updated. Some users have reported getting a runtime error message something like "Error: Unknown error code (-1073741502): The user defined managed entry point failed in the target process...". If you get this error, please try reinstalling the latest Microsoft .NET Framework v4.5 to resolve this.
  • The ATI VRAM resource monitoring currently requires Windows 7 or higher. Also, I'm not able to validate this myself since I do not have access to an ATI video card. If you have an ATI video card, and notice that SPM reports VRAM usage that does not match your cards memory, please let me know.
  • The in-game counters display currently has a compatibility issue with certain mods like ENB Series, Realistic Colors and Real Nights (RCRN), and a few others which employ a custom D3D9.dll file. If you happen to use a mod like the ones mentioned here, the in-game counters in the monitor might not work. However, all of the other graphs in SPM like Memory, VRAM, Disk I/O, CPU, GPU, and Threads should still render correctly though (minus the FPS graph, will which display either "0" or "n/a"). I'm currently researching on how to resolve this. Please note that this is a limitation with SPM.
  • Some users have resolved SPM related performance counter issues by running this command as Administrator: "Lodctr /R" (the R is uppercase). Please see this Article for details: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/articles/1070
  • When monitoring with SPM, Skyrim may CTD when alt-tabbing from full-screen to the Windows Desktop, and then back to full-screen again. This does not occur when Skyrim is running in Windowed mode.
  • When monitoring with SPM, Skyrim may CTD upon exiting the game. I get this myself, but very rarely.

These articles from SPMs articles page for troubleshooting might also be relevant;

Edited by piperman123

Good Morning Piperman123,

I have followed all advice given, and done a total reinstalll (3 times) :confused:

and have changed some of the mods i am using, Installed FRAPS and was only getting between 10 - 25 and looking at Skyrim Performance Monitor it was only show my graffics as being 512 so i installed

Hialgo boost & hialgo chill (cooling processor), also FPS background Booster also made recommended ini changes from some of the links you gave me

My FPS is now running on average 25-30 FPS :laugh: and i have just zipped my data folder and I am going to try and optimize my files and see how that works for me as I am still getting a little bit of stiff T walk AND FORe reckons it is down to my laptop and i guess he is right as the other animations are fine

Played for 3 hours last night with battles etc and no CTD, I know that i will probably CTD in the future but at the moment all is well and I am happy how the game looks

So Thank you for all of your help and time, i used to be a security analyzer on tech support forum before I went back to sea for work so I know what it means to give up your time to help others online :cool:

Here is the DLC list I have now

Skyrim.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
Falskaar.esm
moonpath.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
VignarGrayMane.esp
WATER.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Water for WATER (Vanilla).esp
Bikini Clothes.esp
AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp
JaxonzDiagnostics.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
3DNPC.esp
bset.esp
Patch - Interesting NPCs - RS kids.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp
Extended UI.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
BrinaMerilis.esp
Armor and Clothing for Kids - All DLCs.esp
Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp
FA Guard Helmet.esp
BF.esp
Cute Girl s Replacer Riften v 0.2.esp
Cute Girl s Replacer Solitude v01.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
RSChildren_PatchUSKP.esp
Child Follower 2.esp
Skyrim_Strap_Ons.esp
Cute Girl s Replacer Markarth v01.esp
Maven.esp
ASX_Spells.esp
Sorli.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
HearthfireMultiKid.esp
FNISSexyMove.esp
SimpleUnderwears.esp
ElsifTheFair.esp
Ulfric.esp
IdgrodRavencrone.esp
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
Brunwulf.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp
Igmund.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp
AllFemaleGuards.esp
KillAnimationAlways.esp
Siddgeir.esp
Dengeir.esp
Korir.esp
Kraldar.esp
Laila.esp
Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp
FSP - Dawnguard Edition.esp
FSP - Dragonborn Edition.esp
Paralysis.esp
Orc Female Body Replacer.esp
PC Exclusive Animation Path.esp
orc-female-idle-fix.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.esp
ProperWeaponScale.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
RichMerchants.esp
Ring of Himalayan Hauling v1.0.esp
RSChildren_PlayableOverride.esp
sextoys-calyps-2.esp
SkaldtheElder.esp
SKSETester.esp
SkyUI.esp
The Coenaculi.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
Thongvor.esp
Unique Region Names.esp
immersive roads.esp
JKs Cities and Towns V1.0.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
imp_helm_legend.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Cute Girl s Replacer Witherun v 3.0.esp
BalgruuftheGreater.esp
better_torches_brighter_torchlight.esp
Kamille.esp
ArlenneFollower.esp
People Have Torches.esp
JK Crafting Breakdown.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Weathers.esp
grass & ground fixes.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
SDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Light.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Water for WATER (Dragonborn + Waves).esp
SDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.esp
RiversideLodge.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
moonpath_questdata.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Populated Prisons.esp
3DNPC Alternative Locations.esp
NiruinsBusinessPlan.esp
WATER Plants.esp
Sweet&Sexy Lingerie.esp
TemptressVixen.esp
smakit_house_markers_plus.esp
riverwoodmine.esp
Equipping Overhaul.esp
Edhildils Dominatrix and Purelust.esp
Remodeled Armor.esp
FNISspells.esp
vImmersiveBeds.esp
WATER DG.esp
WATER Falskaar.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Water for WATER (Falskaar).esp
WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp

Kindest regards

321abla :dance:

It was no problem and I'm glad you've got it working :)

Just in case, I thought I'd remind you that Water mods, Lighting mods and Skyrim Flora Overhaul/flora mods are the heaviest FPS hitters aside from ENBs, might be an idea to swap Realistic Water Two with the lower res versions, I only use the 512-1k version myself and I have a GTX 660 Ti. Water gets loaded in everywhere unlike other textures apparently so it really eats your FPS. Flora Overhaul, if you're using the new v2 one is also very resource hungry. And just out of curiosity did the performance monitor say about you CPU usage? I'm just thinking if that was really high maybe it's because of that you get occasional T-Poseing although I can't see any script heavy mods in your load order so I doubt it would be that.

Hey dude,

CPU is averaging 47 percent, with spikes to 77, I have removed flora dont spend much tme looking at the plants, and realistic lights fed up creeping around in the dark caves but even when my movement is ok, in skyrim a NPC will pass me in stif T pose jejejejejejejeje very weird

Gonna reduce the water as well, Thanks

If your still having the issue you might as well go and add them back in ha, no point fixing it if it ain't broke right? I'm guessing there was no correlation with those spikes in CPU usage and the Tpose then? And your Ram and Vram usage never max out or go over 3.5GB? If your still interested in solving the problem could you post your graph from SPM just to clarify? But I don't think it is a performance thing, from what you've said it sounds like you have quite a bit of room performance wise. Might be worth directing Fore to this page and asking him what he thinks if you haven't already during your correspondence with him.

Thanks for sharing that, the numbers would be more helpful however, would it be possible for you to upload a full screenshot? As for the ini tabs, they're just for keeping track of changes and so that you can, for example; tweak a setting and run the test again to see how it affects performance. I think anyway, just an assumption though as I never bothered with them, I use MO and an ini file manager when playing around with them but I just stick with EWIs ini files, they seem decent enough. I'd link them but they seem to have been removed. The ini manager I use provides some presets that seem like they may be pretty good if you care to check them out.

From what I can see in your graph it looks as though your GPU is getting really hot, that could be causing a lot of the issue, but again this could be normal for laptops, I don't know. Your FPS are constant which is a good sign though it would be a lot better if you could leave it running and play till it crashes or for 15+ minutes, that would give a far clearer idea as to whats going on. Are all the NPCs constantly in Tpose? And did you stop using that animation fix mod?

Edited by piperman123