Skyrim ctd after new install

321abla

Hi Yeah i am concerned with the temp of gpu but from the past It normally just shut down laptop, I have a cooling pad so after the latest play ( actually9 after a and during play i feel the chassis and it stays cool with cooling pad

Here is the latest play 30 mins,

https://plus.google.com/u/0/100825225078178783444/posts/MNcEzKrHg9r?pid=6118995647168422114&oid=100825225078178783444

actually i played last night for 2 hours and only had the stiff t walks but it does affect NPC ot my follower and they do the same sometimes i am standing still, I can live with it if i have to as long as game dont crash

NPC are not continually in T pose just sometimes

What animation fix mod? do not remember that jejejejejjeje, my head is wrecked at the moment with mods

Ah, I was just going to say you have a hell of a GPU but then I realized it was using shared VRAM, that's why it's going over your max. That will slow performance but I have no idea in what way or by how much. Yeah, a cooling pad is pretty important for a gaming laptop I imagine, that and not having it, at least directly on your laptop if your a bloke anyway.

I did notice your GPU usage was really weird, it should be a pretty smooth line but yours just peaks sporadically. Also your CPU usage keeps rising throughout your game, did you notice the tpose more frequently during the last 10 or so minutes of that test play by any chance? I think It's safe to say that SPM isn't accurately displaying your Mobile GPU usage, but it shows your VRAM usage which is helpful enough.

The animation mod I mentioned, might have been to someone else sorry, I've been answering a fair few questions this week, was this one.

EDIT: Might not bother you but I thought I'd mention, your google plus account has your full name etc. you might want to remove that pic now I've seen it or better yet use another means of posting it if you don't want everyone knowing everything about you. Or leave it if you simply don't care ha.

Edited by piperman123

Thanks for the info on google, I use it very rarely,

okay I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry

and i apologies for wasting your time

went shopping today and had an impulse buy

Acer Aspire Vintel core i7-45 1OU 2.0GHz with turbo upto 3.01GHz

NVidea Geforce 840M with 2GB Dedicated vram

8 GB DDR 3 L memory

1000GB HDD

So Sorry but it is lovely but back to 15 screen but can hook to tv and play when I am home

John

Hi piperman123,

I have installed on my new laptop, but after 45 - 60 mins I get CTD there has been a little T Stiff move but only for a couple of seconds,

My FPS runs at about 50 - 80, drops to 30 when i enter or leave cave etc, sometimes in the open it spikes to 100- 180 for a few sseconds

Here is the link to my Performance log

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/100825225078178783444/albums/6119406499397380241/6119406507157938818?pid=6119406507157938818&oid=100825225078178783444

Also the game is very smooth when playing just the ctd thing which of course could be anything, I have not been to heavy with texture mods, so I would appreciate any advice on CTD, are my FPS too high

Also I am only using enbseries v0265 with enboost v 5 and obviously changed SKSE ini in Data folder, but have made no more changes to ini files,

Load order

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
Falskaar.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
moonpath.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp
JaxonzDiagnostics.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
Extended UI.esp
WATER.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Water for WATER (Vanilla).esp
Bikini Clothes.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
Cute Girl s Replacer Riften v 0.2.esp
Cute Girl s Replacer Markarth v01.esp
Cute Girl s Replacer Witherun v 3.0.esp
Cute Girl s Replacer Solitude v01.esp
BrinaMerilis.esp
BF.esp
Skyrim_Strap_Ons.esp
ASX_Spells.esp
Sorli.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
FNISSexyMove.esp

SimpleUnderwears.esp
kuerteeSimpleMultipleFollowers.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
IdgrodRavencrone.esp
Brunwulf.esp
Igmund.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
JK Crafting Breakdown.esp
AllFemaleGuards.esp
Korir.esp
Kraldar.esp
Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp
FSP - Dawnguard Edition.esp
FSP - Dragonborn Edition.esp
Paralysis.esp
KillAnimationAlways.esp
Siddgeir.esp
Dengeir.esp
Orc Female Body Replacer.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.esp
ProperWeaponScale.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp
RichMerchants.esp
Ring of Himalayan Hauling v1.0.esp
SkaldtheElder.esp
SKSETester.esp
SkyUI.esp
The Coenaculi.esp
Thongvor.esp
Unique Region Names.esp
immersive roads.esp
3DNPC.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
HearthfireMultiKid.esp
HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
ElsifTheFair.esp
Ulfric.esp
PC Exclusive Animation Path.esp
orc-female-idle-fix.esp
JaxonzUtilities.esp
Patch - Interesting NPCs - RS kids.esp
JKs Cities and Towns V1.0.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Armor and Clothing for Kids - All DLCs.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
RSChildren_PatchUSKP.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
BalgruuftheGreater.esp
better_torches_brighter_torchlight.esp
People Have Torches.esp
imp_helm_legend.esp
grass & ground fixes.esp
MoreBanditCamps.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Water for WATER (Dragonborn + Waves).esp
RiversideLodge.esp
Maven.esp
Laila.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
moonpath_questdata.esp
3DNPC Alternative Locations.esp
Populated Prisons.esp
MoreBanditCamps - SexSlaves.esp
NiruinsBusinessPlan.esp
WATER Plants.esp
Sweet&Sexy Lingerie.esp
TemptressVixen.esp
smakit_house_markers_plus.esp
bset.esp
riverwoodmine.esp
Equipping Overhaul.esp
Alexina.esp
Kamille.esp
Edhildils Dominatrix and Purelust.esp
Stella.esp
Remodeled Armor.esp
FNISspells.esp
VignarGrayMane.esp
vImmersiveBeds.esp
WATER DG.esp
WATER Falskaar.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Water for WATER (Falskaar).esp
WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp
Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp
FA Guard Helmet.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Ok then...

1. You don't need "SKSETester.esp" with Jaxons tools.
  2. There is a patch in there for bathing and water but it says vanilla, check there isn't a legendary version as that's what you have.
  3. Are you sure these are compatible: "Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp" and "FA Guard Helmet.esp"?
  4. You should enable Vsync in either your GPUs control panel thing or ENB. FPS spikes will heat up your GPU massively and when you get excessive FPS on loading screens etc. your just killing your GPU. This is especially true for poorly cooled devices like laptops. Plus it makes the game seem that much smoother and gives scripts more time. If you use ENBs Vsync and frame limiter I'd say to set it to 50 as that's your lowest average, this way you won't see any difference when it goes down and you won't notice anything over 60 unless your Monitor is 120hz anyway. And the PS3 was capped at 30 so yeah. You can just cap it to 120 if you want, it's your choice of course it just means your GPU will run that much hotter for something that IMO makes no difference.
  5. You don't need ENBoost with any of the new ENBs as it's included just copy all the files from ENB and disable effects in the gui if you want, although your new rig will be able to handle the effects on pretty well I think.
  6. Can you copy paste your LOOT log instead, it shows more info.
  7. I'm guessing your not using more than 255 mods, not sure if that causes instand CTDs or CTDs like you're experiencing, I've never tested.
  8. Maybe try playing with some of the tests in Jaxons Diagnostics and see if anything sticks out.
  9. Have you set your Skyrim inis correctly? I assume you've at least made the ENB changes?
  10. Enable Papyrus logging and post the log on here, that will hopefully indicate what was happening when you crash.
  11. Try this mod and some of the preset ini files provided, it might be that your FPS spikes and script settings in your ini are causing things to freak out so try that first. Such as script lag peaking during those times so you then get the Tpose, that's what I'm thinking anyway.

If none of these solve the problem, you might want to start disabling groups of mods and playing till you crash to find the culprit, I know, I hate that too but sometimes it needs to be done. If your using MO (I think NMM has profiles too now but I don't use it so you'd have to figure that out) then you could just copy your profile and use the copy as a test profile to gradually test groups of mods. If the issue can sometimes take hours to appear you'll obviously not be able to just test for 15 mins or so like I assume you did when adding the mods. I'd suggest trying to disable all the animation mods such as HDT, ASX spells (If that is the Adult show mod, may be wrong there), the kill move mod, PCAE, Dead body collisions etc.

Hi

Thank you for helping me :confused: I have started work on your list , i like lists they keep me organised :laugh:

both water and bathing have all boxes ticked for all official patches plus falskaar,

I do not use any enb.s I was using it on other laptop just to help but I guess I do not need it can you recommend one to me I don't really know anything about them i wil have to look into it, never bothered before cos other laptop was not good enough

And will follow the rest of your advice and try things out over the next few days and let you know how things are

thank you very much

No problem. Haha, yeah I like lists too :)

I didn't mean a preset btw, just all of the contents from the ENB v.265 folder. But for a Preset, it's totally personal and depends entirely what you're after. I personally like:

1. Realvision or realike
  2. Bleek/unbleek
  3. Serenity (it knocks like 40 FPS off for me so I can't actually use it :( )
  4. Mistveil
  5. Saraan Sum
  6. Grim and Somber
  7. Quite cool
  8. Aeon
  9. Opethfeld was my favorite and I used it for ages but Mage light was a bit of a pain for me as I use it constantly and it kept messing with my view.

This is the Plugin I was referring too "Bathing in Skyrim - Water for WATER (Vanilla).esp", usually when something says vanilla it's for the base game without the DLC which is why I suggested you check that out on the mod page or something. I would assume that would be for people without any of the DLC and only the 'Vanilla' WATER and Bathing in Skyrim mods but I could be wrong.

Hi Piper123

I now have my game pretty stable, last night 2 hours (had to stop to go to bed) :laugh: no ctd and no stiff T movements

I changed out a few things WATER and Climates of tamril, and installed the Pure water and weather

Also yesterday morning I checked my new graffic drivers and had to update the after another window pooped up telling me to download new "special gaming Driver"

changed some inis

Did not install ENB because i do not really need them at the moment and I like the look of my game as in my FPS is steady 30-40 so i will play as is a while longer and maybe look at some textures , maybe vivid landscapes

As for the whole realism thing Why my real life is bad enough I want to escape into fantasy jejejejejeje anf lashing rain and snow storms everyday does not appeal to me, it is why I live in spain and not Scotland jejejejejejjej

I did look at the tropical skyrim and started in a spot I knew, joder, i got lost jejejejejejeje with all of the jungle so i gave up on that idea. :facepalm:

Thank you very much for all of your advice and help

Kindest regards

321abla :thumbsup:

Ps after updating my new drivers too even newer i got a pop up box asking did I want to optimize skyrim so I clicked yes and that seemed to do the trick for me, still running gameboost and also HiAlgoCHILL