CTD after research of Vehicular Plasma Weapons

omgrofl123

Hello,

I'm playing Enemy Within and Long War (Long War 3 Beta 14i-88-3-0b14i).

After researching "Vehicular Plasma Weapons" (in my german version this is just called "Plasmakanone") I see the new available items in the research screen (Superheavy Plasma + Plasma Cannon
(Aerospace)). However, if I want to buy an item (by clicking on engineering->build/buy items) the menu doesn't open and the game crashes. I have the same problem with the research "Pulse Lasers". Both research items unlock weapons for SHIV/Aerospace that aren't in the original game. Mabye this is the problem.

I have uploaded my save game, with plasma weapons research nearly finished.
http://workupload.com/file/cUlj4Gt9

I play long war in english together with my german enemy within. I have a mix of both languages in my game interface, but until now everything worked fine.

Maybe someone can help me, so i can continue playing this great mod.

• 2 months later...

Long War bug reports should be posted in the appropriate Beta Feedback thread in the "XCOM File Discussions" section of the forum for a quick response. (The LW Team has stated they check here much less often than there.) You may also find that the answer is already known and posted in that thread.

Be sure to read the document included with the LW download on reporting bugs. They need all the information requested there to be able to help.

The first recommended fix is always to upgrade to the latest version. Be sure to check the release notes for the effect upon a saved game.

-Dubious-

• 5 months later...

The Long War discussion has been moved as part of the forum restructure.

Long War bug reports should be posted in the appropriate Beta Feedback thread in the "Long War" download page "forum section" for a quick response. (The LW Team has stated they don't check the main forum at all anymore for problems. Really, the dev team is the most likely to be able to help with a LW issue but anyone else who can also will be there.) You may also find that the answer is already known and posted in that section.

Be sure to read the "Readme" and "Detailed Troubleshooting" documents included with the LW download before reporting bugs. They need all the information requested there (including which platform) to be able to help. If they can't reproduce the problem, they can't fix it. You increase your odds of getting help by re-reading included documentation and following instructions on reporting bugs, and then documenting what you have already tried ... in detail. Short "it's broke" reports simply generate requests for more detail; wasting time. Better too much detail than not enough.

While the LW installer handles any code modifications for you, it is still necessary to prepare your system for mods as laid out in the wiki article "Basic Guide to installing mods". The "Environment" section in particular still applies to LW, and the "OS/X mod installation" section has specifics for Mac versions. There is also a "Linux Differences" section.

The first recommended fix is always to upgrade to the latest version (currently Beta 15F3). Be sure to check the release notes for the effect upon a saved game.

-Dubious-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have excactly the same problems and use German XCOM EU/EW with English Long War Mod.

Also the new Release 1.0 does not fix the problem. There was also someone with a Russian XCOM-Version with same problem, he reported a bug here and I added my infos, too:

http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/88/?tab=14&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fxcom%2Fajax%2Fmodbugs%2F%3Fid%3D88&pUp=1

Search for the topic "Game crashes to desktop after research of plasma gun"

Maybe someone will check it if you also reply to the bug-report there?

I found a Workaround to continue my game...

I changed the game language in Steam to english, installed the Dev Console (download at the LW page on Nexus) to load my savegame, even if it was generated in a different language.

Works so far, I can now continue the game and can use the Engineering without CTD.