Bethesda's first-ever E3 conference!

Zaldir

In response to post #22923049. #23050169, #23071004 are all replies on the same post.

I actually like the game, but for the freedom part, it's not there yet. Still, I am the kind of guy that would wait for a better game, and it's why I would rather have Fallout 4 first. I would wait till 2019 just for TES VI if it was worth it. Just like I would have waited until 2012 for Skyrim because there was A LOT of cut content. The Companions and College of Winterhold were cut in half, there might have been spears, an arena, a dynamic Civil War, and so much more was cut out because of time.

Until they get rid of that hard-coding, (which Todd talked about doing because of the new consoles) it's going to be hard to mod certain things. The first person view not being available on horses was hard-coded in. Nonetheless, even when they do get rid of coding, they will still be able to do more because they have the middleware and we don't. We modders obviously have more free-roam with our content, but BGS will still have the ability to be able to make more "developed" content then us. Edited by Camonna Tong

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it's an Elder Scrolls game, heck, can't they just make one with all the continents that isn't an MMO? They really need to stop destroying previous places with every ES release. Oblivion, you find out Morrowind has been destroyed by volcanic eruption. Skyrim, you find out the Imperial City has been raided and attacked by the Thalmor. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if something destroyed Skyrim with the next release of an ES game, maybe an earthquake, or having an ice age that completely freezes Skyrim over. Perhaps someone completely takes over Skyrim.

I never liked the Fallout series, to me it is boring to explore, depressing, bland, and I find myself not caring for its characters or it's story. There never was enough to do in that game, though if they showed a side of Fallout that isn't nuked to pieces, I'd jump all over it.

As long as it's at least a Fallout game, or an Elder Scrolls game, I suppose that will make things interesting. Though half of the excitement will be waiting to find out. The other half will be waiting for them to iron out the bugs.

Edited by Pixeldust

In response to post #23089479. #23093979 is also a reply to the same post.

In Skyrim you find out Morrowind being destroyed and the Imperial City being raided. The Red year happened on the year 4E05, so roughly 5 years after the Oblivion crisis. You find this out in the TES Novel: Infernal City.

As for a main entry ES game that has all the continents? That's impoosible with their time frame. Tamriel by itself could easily take 10 years to do based on Skyrim's scale, which is most likely nothing compared to the new gen ES games scale. Even with 10 years, it will come out really dated, and it won't have a lot of depth at all. Edited by Camonna Tong

In response to post #22959109. #22992779, #23039194, #23049849 are all replies on the same post.

I know I'm a bit late here, but eh, what the hell. Here's my $0.02:

There's no way we're getting both a Fallout and a tES game in the same year. (or an announcement of them working on more than one of them, even if they announce it as a release date of 2018 or sommat silly like that). Not unless dev got handed off to another studio, especially if they did any major work to the engine like would be expected across a new generation of consoles. (I know this is a PC-focused site, and believe-you-me I'm more of a PC guy m'self, but Oblivion, FO3, and Skyrim made them some serious bank on consoles, so a new generation is something that will have substantial impact on how they do things). Also keep in mind that, as far as we are aware, Bethesda Game Studios is still a one-team shop. They may have grown substantially since Oblivion, but we're not talking about a Ubisoft sized multi-team, multi-studio project here.

That said, the main thing to remember is that it is Bethesda Softworks (and therefore likely reeeaaally Zenimax Media...) holding a press conference...not Bethesda Game Studios. So you have whatever the Austin wing of Arkane is working on (Dishonored 2?) whatever game the French wing of Arkane is working on (headed up by Harvey Smith, unknown game), ESO info, whatever BGS is working on (Fallout 4), Doom IV, Potentially (though unlikely) something from Tango Games, BattleCry, and potentially some non-Zenimax Subsidiaries that they might be publishing a game or two for.

They could EASILY fill their time allotment without having to dip into both the FO and tES wells, especially if they have a few longer-than-normal gameplay sequences to show off for, say FO4, Doom IV, and Dishonored 2. Edited by Matoyak

In response to post #22959109. #22992779, #23039194, #23049849, #23193394 are all replies on the same post.

bethesda game studio's has become a multi-team group now, maybe not as big as ubisoft but im thinking a good amount so who knows, bethesda probably has been getting pushed by zenimax to do a new fallot and possibly tes as thwir now 1 online game contract requirement is finished they can go back to whatthey do best. bring us thrilling adventures.