steelfeathers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same here, started a mage playthrough but didn't use 1.2 to prepare for 2.0

Edited by ZZZ02

• 2 weeks later...

Is this in progress? It seems like it will be a fantastic new addition to magic in Skyrim. And, combined with other magic mods... you'll have a hard time choosing what spells of what school to use.

I'm still working on it - close to the finish line, though. :smile:

Most of my time has been spent testing every spell to hell and back during actual play-throughs. It's helped me to get an organic feel for how everything fits together...and it's also helped me to tease out some hard-to-find bugs.

Edited by steelfeathers

I've been using Grimoire since... well since it showed up on the Nexus. Light the Tallow holds a special place in my heart. :)

Can't wait to see 2.0! Thanks so much for all the effort you're putting into making this next iteration something really awesome.

Well, they are very simple in execution. In my opinion, a stealth mage would rely on silent magic that is deadly when the user is unseen, and probably distractions as necessary. In execution, I believe this type of build would rely more on Conjuration spells than not. Basically, four simple spells.

Three of them tie into the elemental magic of Destruction (silent elemental projectile magic), and act as throwing knives. A ranged backstab, akin to a mixture of archery and daggers. Maybe they can have elemental bonus effects, too? For example, the fire version could incite panic in a victim or the electric one could paralyze the victim temporarily. And, of course, it would have a Sneaking damage multiplier.

The fourth is "Conjure Stone". All it does is create a stone that makes a lot of noise when it impacts the environment. But that can be used to bewilder enemies while sneaking, much like arrows do when an enemy is not alert to your presence.

Other spells for sneaking also come to mind. A spell which would bolster Invisibility so it does not break on "using" something would be interesting. A spell for conjuring an unbreakable Lockpick. A spell for silent movement and movement speed boosts. Basically, spells to help bolster a sneaky mage playstyle.

Combined with the other "sneak" skills in the mod already (which I trust you won't get rid of in the update), it would help make sneaky mages a rewarding and useful choice for a playthrough.