Grimoire 2.0: Apocalypse-type spell package

steelfeathers

Those are pretty good ideas. I've already got most of them covered, though:

"A ranged backstab, akin to a mixture of archery and daggers" > Needle (Destruction ice magic)

"The fourth is "Conjure Stone". All it does is create a stone that makes a lot of noise when it impacts the environment. But that can be used to bewilder enemies while sneaking, much like arrows do when an enemy is not alert to your presence." > Lucky Rabbit (illusion)

"A spell which would bolster Invisibility so it does not break on "using" something would be interesting." > One with the Shadows

Chameleon is in this version as well, which covers you "sneaky" requirement.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've dithered about on this long enough....so here's a WIP Destruction spell list. Every spell listed below has been completed.

~~ NOVICE ~~

Flare > Silently blasts the target for 16 fire damage.
Needle > A tiny spike of ice that silently inflicts 16 points of frost damage.
Zap > Silently zap the target, dealing 16 points of shock damage.

~~ APPRENTICE ~~

Lingering Cold > Chills the target to the bone, dealing 5 frost damage for 15 seconds. Frost resistance is decreased by 3% per second.
Light the Tallow > Lights the target on fire, doing 2 fire damage per second until the target leaves combat.
Static Charge > Electrifies the target for 15 seconds, dealing 7 shock damage every 3 seconds.

~~ ADEPT ~~

Electrocute > Silently electrocutes the touched target, dealing 70 shock damage. 10% chance to deal 100 additional damage.
Piercing Cold > Silently freezes the touched target for 70 frost damage. Resistant targets take triple damage.
Firebomb > Silently turns the touched target into a living bomb, which explodes for 75 fire damage after 10 seconds.
Salamander Scales > Take on the aspect of the fiery Salamander. +50% fire resistance, absorb 30% of the magicka from fire spells. Your frost and shock spells are weakened.
Storm Cage > +50% shock resistance. Hostile shock spells are redirected back at the attacker. Your fire and frost spells are weakened.
Icy Veil > +50% frost resistance. Reduces frost resistance of nearby enemies by 33%. Your fire and shock spells are weakened.

~~ EXPERT ~~

Supercharge > Concentrate to charge up an electrical blast; release to trigger the explosion, doing up to 350 damage. Power grows with charging time.
Howling Gale > A blast of cold that does 20 frost damage per second to Health and Stamina. Targets with 0 stamina are frozen for 6 seconds.

~~ MASTER ~~

Flameheart > Summons the living spirit of fire for 120 seconds.

Edited by steelfeathers

Salamander Scales > Take on the aspect of the fiery Salamander. +50% fire resistance, absorb 30% of the magicka from fire spells. Your frost and shock spells are weakened.

Storm Cage > +50% shock resistance. Hostile shock spells are redirected back at the attacker. Your fire and frost spells are weakened.
Icy Veil > +50% frost resistance. Reduces frost resistance of nearby enemies by 33%. Your fire and shock spells are weakened.

These seem much more like Alteration-type spells than Destruction.

Also, I'm glad that Grimoire will be the go-to Magi-sassin spell collection.

<p>

Getting back into the swing of things with plans for some new spells....

[*]Valkyrie (restoration Master) > For 120 seconds, every enemy you kill restores 50 health and magicka and grants immortality for 5 seconds.

Valkyrie is a restoration master spell in Apoc and gives 250 magicka for every enemy killed for 120 seconds. :tongue:

I thought the spell in Apoc absorbed nearby corpses? That's what the description says, at least. Anyway, it was just an idea for future content. I'm more concerned with finishing the destruction scool and bug testing everything.

Cross your fingers everyone- I'm hoping to release this weekend!

I thought the spell in Apoc absorbed nearby corpses? That's what the description says, at least. Anyway, it was just an idea for future content. I'm more concerned with finishing the destruction scool and bug testing everything.

Cross your fingers everyone- I'm hoping to release this weekend!