Unable to load GECK

b133d4u

So, I installed TTW(A Tale of Two Wastelends) recently, and as I was playing, I realized I wanted to modify one of the mods I made. So I exited out of NV, and proceeded to open the GECK, as I had done countless times before. It opens fine, and I can select which masters/plugins to load. Once I do that, and select my mod as the active file, it starts loading it all up. Then it doesn't respond. It freezes at about 2% completion, and when I click it the "Program is not responding" thing pops up. Now, this is normal, and usually if I just select "Wait for program to respond", it'll finish loading after awhile. However, I waited for over 5 hours and it still didn't finish loading. I've tried again over the past few days, using multiple ways to start it up(from Steam, from the folder, through a shortcut, all of these methods through the TTW fix described on the website, reinstalling the GECK and doing all of these, and even reinstalling NV and doing these), but nothing has worked. This seriously sucks, because I was in the process of testing out a huge mod I was making to upload to the Nexus, and I can no longer modify it. I have tried everything I can come up with, but to no avail. If anyone knows what to do, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Edited by b133d4u

TTW shouldn't affect GECK at all. Perhaps your ini settings are incorrect. Open your GeckCustom.ini and find bUseMultibounds and make sure it is set to 0. Also find bAllowMultipleMasterLoads and set it to 1.

It highly suggested to have GECK PowerUP fork installed, plugin version. And run it with nvse_loader.exe -editor

You can also LAA patch GECK so that it can use 4GB.

You might find that running GECK in VistaSP2 compatibility mode helps.

You might find that running GECK as administrator helps.

useMultibound was set to 1, and I ran it as administrator, now it's working! Thanks so much!

EDIT: Oh wait, scratch that. It will load up to 100%, but after that it still stops working.

EDIT: Okay I increased the RAM usage, and now it's working lol

Edited by b133d4u