New Vegas Script Extender (NVSE) RELEASED!

Echelon

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

can someone help me i had nvse 4 installed but i need nvse 5 for some of my mods to function and when i tried to get nvse 5 loaded up on my New Vegas directory it doesnt recognize it as nvse 5 even when i put the whole getnvseversion command. it keeps saying nvse version 4 how do i upgrade?

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

The "black window with white text" is a "command line" window. That it closes so quickly is an indication that you shouldn't be seeing it at all if you're using the app correctly.

You don't run NVSE as an application. You install it into the correct location by following the instructions on the page you downloaded it from. (DO NOT use a "mod manager" to install, as they assume it all goes into the "Data" folder which is not completely correct for this.) Then when a mod plugin calls to use a function provided by NVSE, it will respond. YOU don't do anything to utilize it unless you are creating mods or exploiting a function it provides in the game console.

You can check it is working correctly by looking at the NVSE ".log" files in the game's root folder (i.e. "..\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas". See this entry in the wiki article "FNV General Mod Use Advice" because there are things you have to do which are not handled by the install process, including enabling the logs. That entire article is recommended reading for anyone new to FNV.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

• 1 month later...