New Vegas Script Extender (NVSE) RELEASED!

Echelon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here.My performance drops down to 1-4 FPS when using NVSE -Beta 5.I set the detail to low and again the same thing.When I start the game without NVSE -Beta 5 the game works fine.My OS is XP service pack 3.

Specs are Phenom II X4 945,Asus 4670 card

Ok could someone answer a few questions from someone who has never even used the FO3 version let alone this one?

Number one does it support xbox controller as Fose didn't?

Does it disable steam achievements?

And lastly does it work finbe on Windows 7 Home Prem 64bit?

The last was due to i noticed a lot of people saying they have problems with W7 pro 64bit.

Thanks in advance

-Jay

Same here.My performance drops down to 1-4 FPS when using NVSE -Beta 5.I set the detail to low and again the same thing.When I start the game without NVSE -Beta 5 the game works fine.My OS is XP service pack 3.

Have you tried disabling mods that you have that require NVSE, to see if one of them may be the issue?

For some odd reason nvse has stopped working for my game, it was working originally. After attempting to change compatability *didn't work, had to change it back*, loaded the game without nvse once, it will not work anymore. Have reinstalled it, loaded it with the nvse_loader exe file, Fomm nvse loader, nothing seems to work.

Ok...for some odd reason the loader in the steam games library works, but only that.

Edited by Lansat

Have you tried disabling mods that you have that require NVSE, to see if one of them may be the issue?

I have only one mod 'Wasteland Defense' that requires NVSE but your idea has made me to correct the misstake that I have made.My FalloutNV.esm wasen't the first in order that I have in my Fallout manager.It seams that was the problem but just in case I have disable all mods that I have and the game worked just fine.Then reactivite all the mods one by one and start the game with NVSE every time I reactivite one mod and the game works fine now with all mods.Soo in the end I have no clue what was the problem or how did I fix it :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

The current version doesn't work for me at all. No errors, no crashes, it just doesn't work. Running "GetNVSEVersion" returns "no such script command" (exact wording escapes me, same message you'd get just typing gibberish).

I've followed the very letter of the install instructions about 10 times, re-downloaded the latest (beta 5), verified the game's version matches the one in the readme. The NVSE log file confirms the version is correct. I've tried running from Steam normally, and running from the included exe. Again, no errors, but no NVSE.

Game version: 1.2.0.285 (Steam)

Mods: a bunch of ESPs, nothing that goes outside of the Data directory (like the 4 GB hack)

Not sure what else to provide. Is there some way to get verbose output from NVSE if it fails to start?

Note: this computer has had no trouble running OBSE or similar extensions.

I'll add a second to this problem also. same specs as above.

installed NVSE as a requirement for Readius_NV mod. The executable runs, launches NV but I get an error from Readius saying that

it requires NVSE. a getNVSEVersion returns an error unknown script command.

I had the same problem at first, before i realized that you can't just drop the NVSE folder into your NV directory. you have to open it, then manually extract all files and sub-folders. i'm not sure if that's the actual problem, or just my own brand of stupidity. :P

Ok People be aware that FALLOUT PATCHED TODAY. Thus NVSE is no longer current and won't work reliably until they ptach to the new fallout version.

Ah, thanks for the heads-up. I've been getting errors all night long after playing this afternoon all right! :wallbash: