Destructible Skyrim [WIP]

djjohnjarvis

I have been working on a mod that makes it possible to actually destroy stuff in Skyrim for real with physics. Now you get the satisfaction of just charging into someone's house like a mad man and smashing everything they own like a total a**hole and watching everything fly. I have even added havok physics to certain static objects like wall hangings and candles so you can go completely crazy. What's better is that Sofia will go around shouting abuse as you do so, I think Sofia would definitely approve. Yes believe it or not I do other modding besides Sofia though not as much :D There are still a lot of objects to cover but here is me totally trashing the Riverwood Trader. I had to show them who's boss :tongue:

And also the first object test I did with a destructible barrel:

Be sure to leave any suggestions.

Nicely done. I saw most of the objects destroyed were static, is it possible for you to make certain containers (not strongboxs or safes) destructible as well? Then maybe have the contents of the containers spill out? It could turn out to be a bit more work (and I'm not 100% sure it's possible.) but in the long run I think it could make the mod more useful. Anyway, just a suggestion.

Nicely done. I saw most of the objects destroyed were static, is it possible for you to make certain containers (not strongboxs or safes) destructible as well? Then maybe have the contents of the containers spill out? It could turn out to be a bit more work (and I'm not 100% sure it's possible.) but in the long run I think it could make the mod more useful. Anyway, just a suggestion.

The static objects were replaced with non-static objects using the original model. Static objects don't have destruction data or the ability to add scripts which is why I had to replace them with new objects, luckily the find and replace feature in the CK can change every instance of an object in the game in one click. It is possible to make containers destructible as like furniture they have destruction data but the tricky part is handling the contents of the container which is why I have not yet done the standard storage barrels as losing all the items could be a disaster. You could have a container with hundreds of items stored so obviously just spilling out onto the floor would be a bad idea and would crash the game most likely or at least cause severe lag and save bloat. This is where people's suggestions would come in handy.

now all we need are the ruppees

Wrong franchise haha.

I DEMAND RUPPEES!

lol, just screwin around... i kinda like Legend of Zelda, just a little.

anyways how long would you guess till you are done?

Really I would never have guessed lol, but yeah you gotta love Zelda :P I can't really say how long but the good thing about a mod like this is that I can add objects incrementally by updates much like Sofia so that you don't have to wait forever. At the moment I'm doing all the cheap furniture.

Now, I know there was a similar mod for New Vegas. However, once you destroyed the object, it never reset. Will this be the case here?

That's probably where I got the idea. That mod was really well done but for some reason he didn't have any kind of clean up scripts in place. Maybe it's not as straight forward with Fallout modding as it doesn't use Papyrus or he handled it in a certain way. I already have a clean up script in place at the moment but I've kept it basic for testing purposes so everything will reset on leaving the area. I think Skyrim automatically resets everything (dungeons, objects, mining spots) after 30 days anyway so there shouldn't be that much of an issue as the objects are still the original but just set to a destroyed state so would probably be reset to their default state unlike a disabled or replaced object. I need to test this though but there is a destructible bottles mod for Skyrim that has no issues cleaning itself up.