EDIT: Fixed thanks wertoret

Attached Files

Wertoret

Wertoret

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
try and download this one which is made for New Vegas: http://newvegasnexus...le.php?id=34702

dieangel68

dieangel68

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

try and download this one which is made for New Vegas: http://newvegasnexus...le.php?id=34702

This, or you have a problem with archive invalidation.

Zenchii

Zenchii

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
I have a strange texture issue with type 3 as well. When I look in the Geck, the textures work perfectly, but they don't show up properly In-Game. It seems the geck can find the textures but the actual game can't despite the fact that I use archive invalidation validated, and I'm using Beware of girl's Hi-rez version.

Also, my character's race is Beware of girl's albino African-American, and the race's custom textures work perfectly. It's only vanilla races (With the exception of raiders) or custom races who use vanilla races' resources (like Shojo) that are effected.

Drithe

Drithe

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I also have this problem and I have tried several mods from the FNV file area, I even tried FO3 converted to NV file sets and the problem still persists. My main problem, I believe, is my archive invalidation validation. It works fine with FO3, but when I run FNV it doesn't seem to acknowledge the fact that it's archive is invalidated; even when the mod files state that archive invalidation is installed and working properly. The game is fully patched to my knowledge and what I don't understand is why the modded game is using the base archive files after they are invalidated and replaced.

[Edit]
Fixed; I found a solution. by doing the following;

Copied ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa from my Fallout 3/data directory to Fallout New Vegas/Data folder and opened FalloutPrefs.ini for FNV in notepad. Added the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa to the last Archive instruction of the ini file so it looks like this;

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

Apparently my Archive invalidation wasn't installed to my FNV folder and my FMM was only reading from my FO3 folder, so I had to manually install it and modify the ini file to reflect the changes, Hopefully this helps someone else with the same problem.

Edited by Drithe, 03 March 2011 - 11:18 AM.

TommyGaiden

TommyGaiden

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Drithe

Thank You very much for that solution.
After two days... Works Great!

Anno1982

Anno1982

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Had the same problema long time ago it was withou any problems but now, i dont know, maybe its because i use the dlc, but your solution is working great

zuldiann

zuldiann

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Had the same problema long time ago it was withou any problems but now, i dont know, maybe its because i use the dlc, but your solution is working great

I am having the same problem I followed the instructions you posted? change the Fallout.ini put the bsa in the data folder any idea?

scottythewolf

scottythewolf

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

archive invalidation problem it seem .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.165 seconds