Type3 Body Replacer Texture Glitch

postaldude55

I have a strange texture issue with type 3 as well. When I look in the Geck, the textures work perfectly, but they don't show up properly In-Game. It seems the geck can find the textures but the actual game can't despite the fact that I use archive invalidation validated, and I'm using Beware of girl's Hi-rez version.

Also, my character's race is Beware of girl's albino African-American, and the race's custom textures work perfectly. It's only vanilla races (With the exception of raiders) or custom races who use vanilla races' resources (like Shojo) that are effected.

• 3 months later...

I also have this problem and I have tried several mods from the FNV file area, I even tried FO3 converted to NV file sets and the problem still persists. My main problem, I believe, is my archive invalidation validation. It works fine with FO3, but when I run FNV it doesn't seem to acknowledge the fact that it's archive is invalidated; even when the mod files state that archive invalidation is installed and working properly. The game is fully patched to my knowledge and what I don't understand is why the modded game is using the base archive files after they are invalidated and replaced.

[Edit]

Fixed; I found a solution. by doing the following;

Copied ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa from my Fallout 3/data directory to Fallout New Vegas/Data folder and opened FalloutPrefs.ini for FNV in notepad. Added the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa to the last Archive instruction of the ini file so it looks like this;

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

Apparently my Archive invalidation wasn't installed to my FNV folder and my FMM was only reading from my FO3 folder, so I had to manually install it and modify the ini file to reflect the changes, Hopefully this helps someone else with the same problem.

Edited by Drithe

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Had the same problema long time ago it was withou any problems but now, i dont know, maybe its because i use the dlc, but your solution is working great

I am having the same problem I followed the instructions you posted? change the Fallout.ini put the bsa in the data folder any idea?

• 6 months later...

Hmmm.. The only time I ever ran into that glitch was in Fallout 3 with Maritgen's Mutant Mod installed which installed its own textures for female raiders. The solution was to copy the female upper body textures from the Type 3 installation folder, rename them to the file names used in the MMMF3 folder and overwrite them.

Now I assume there is no FNV version of MMM since my search for it came up empty but it could be that you're experiencing a similar situation between 2 mods,