EWI

Higherleopards

Perhaps if a mod would inform the community of what is happening here, this post would not be neccessary. After all I dont know what I dont know. However, here's what I do know.

Ewi is an amazing contributer here. I have been a member going on 5 years and am always grateful to his contributions to my builds of Beth games such as New Vegas. He is a major contributer, part of why I am a member on this forum.

That said, he has been silenced. I cannot send him a private message and I cannot view any of his files on the Nexus. I do not believe all of his files are under review for legitimate violations of the terms and policies of the Nexus. This sort of knee jerk reaction is a black eye on the Nexus community at large. The file/s in question should be isolated and addresed accordingly.

He may or may not have posted something that violated policy, but removing all of his legitmate work in response hurts ALL of us. He holds the #1 spot on the main New Vegas index, and I cant view the file.

We the community who make this website great apparently do not derserve a word about this from the moderators. Whoever is responsible for this should be ashamed for abusing their power and alienating the viewership.

The notice, for anyone interested.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2603464-ewi65-banned/

We the community who make this website great apparently do not derserve a word about this from the moderators. Whoever is responsible for this should be ashamed for abusing their power and alienating the viewership.

1. This is why we make the ban notices public - you can read the reason for yourself.

2. There is a legitimate case for multiple thefts of copyrighted image content from other sites and use of said content without permission - this is spread across many of his files, so it is reasonable to suspect all his work on some level.

Ewi has been told before not to use material without the prior permissions from it's owner(s), and was issued a formal warning for that very act - he chose to ignore this and continue, so he had no one to blame but himself.

Any one who has the tiniest bit of experience with texture editing will know that pretty much all are basically just overlays slapped on with a few brushes here and there, yet NON are credited when most sites taht freely allow these to be use require at least credit given, that is not including the copyrighted stuff he used.

Any one would have to be extremely delusional to think he photographed every image he used or made every overlay? All he did was took images from Google image search and tried to pass it all off as their own without even bothering to find out where it came from and who actually took the real time to make the original or take the original photo.

That does not make someone an amazing contributor, that makes someone a thief and liar.

Additionally I recently caught him taking another modder's work on the Nexus and reposting it with some quick treatment on the textures. No permission was asked or given, of course. To me it seems like he thought he could get away with doing anything so he just did whatever he liked.

I wish this was Reddit and I could give you guys upvotes for keeping the community clean and fair

Give them a Kudos! The rules shouldn't be bent on stolen content even if the community love that author. Some spend a lot of time and effort into making these.