Need help deciding between two gaming laptops.

midnightgamer25

I have looked at a lot of laptops! Finely I'm down to two but still need help from people who know a lot more than me. They are the MSI - GT70 Dominator-895 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M graphics ( 3GB dedicated video memory) at $1,199.00, and the CyberPower - Fangbook III 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive + 64GB Solid State Drive -NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M graphics (4GB GDDR5 video memory) at $1,149.00.

I don't really care about the screen size just want a good laptop. On paper the fangbook looks better but its cheaper? I play skyrim with a lot of mods, mass effect 1,2,3, and minecraft.

I don't know, I would just like to know witch one is the better buy. Any advice would help. Please and thank you. :blush:

With a laptop of any kind, you really need to sit down and think about how often you plan on moving it, where you plan to use it, and how you plan to carry it around or lock it up. A top-end gaming laptop may sound like a great thing until you're having to lug around 15-20lbs or hardware, plus mouse, it what can be a very awkward parcel. Meanwhile if you go too small it can diminish what you can actually do with it comfortably.

That said, upgrading laptop memory can be expensive and troublesome if you don't know what you're doing, meanwhile a 64gb SSD is almost entirely too small to be useful for anything. The generation of i7 is also important.