• Please log in to reply
2581 replies to this topic

Tarnel

Tarnel

Stranger

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
WTF, I don't have Fallout 3, NEVER HAVE so what do i do to get this working or at least a starting point for me to figure this out. How frustrating can u make a mod!?

oipluckie

oipluckie

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

WTF, I don't have Fallout 3, NEVER HAVE so what do i do to get this working or at least a starting point for me to figure this out. How frustrating can u make a mod!?

It's really simple, I didn't even have to read any instructions when I first started using it. All you need to do is download a mod for example something small and easy like Bank card, then it should be in a zip/rar file. To install it with FOMM after you've opened it up is click on "package manager", then click add FOMod.

Go to the directory where you downloaded the mod and click on it to open/add to FOMM. Wait for it to add itself to the list then it'll ask if you want to keep a copy, and I usually press yes. Then just double click the check box to activate the mod, and if you decide to you can double click it again to deactivate it.

I suck at explaining things but I'm still kind of new with FOMM as well, hope that helps.

mcfinnie

mcfinnie

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 62 posts
Anytime I've had a problem with FOMM, all I did was relocate it's directories either into the FONV main directory or moved it out of the FONV directory and into it's own directory... I know it sounds strange, even simplistic, but it hasn't failed me yet. Hope this helps someone.

dlundell

dlundell

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Getting crashdumps. Any help would be appreciated.

System.Exception: Malformed InstallLog (c:GamesFalloutNVInstall InfoInstallLog.xml) ---> System.Exception: Bad InstallLog:

Somehow the install log has gone bad.

Navigate to c\:Games\FalloutNV\Install Info. There you should have InstallLog.xml and hopefully backup files named InstallLog.xml.bak (1-5)
Delete InstallLog.xml, it's corrupt anyway.
Rename one of the backup files to InstallLog.xml and try running foom. Start with InstallLog.xml.bak

@mcfinnie
That's because when you move fomm, it creates a new config file in your %LOCALAPPDATA%. (The .NET configuration system does this by default.) You can wipe fomm config files manually by deleting %LOCALAPPDATA%\FOMM

@CyberCyrax
I don't have that link but as reco22 said, BOSS is a great mod order utility. I use it but I don't have that many mods. BOSS
Also FOMM have that functionality and downloads load order rules from BOSS. Check for updates and then BOSS auto sort.
If it crashes after update, try my modded FOOM: http://dl.dropbox.co....21-fixed-5.zip

@Guy97
Try http://dl.dropbox.co....21-fixed-5.zip

Edited by dlundell, 31 July 2011 - 09:34 AM.

CyberCyrax

CyberCyrax

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
for some reason BOSS auto sort doesn't affect usual .esp extensions it affects only .esm extensions...i even tried to convert all of my .esp extensions into .esms and see what happens, but for some strange reason when i use auto sort it messes up order (sort irrationaly) ...once i read those tutorial there were an explanation on where and which .esm and .esp should follow, and it also was pretty well organized with colored columns showing in which order which types of mods should go...for example i had three weapon mods, two armor (gear) mods, one texture mod, three animation (3dfx) mods, about five bug fixes and about six or seven general gameplay effects/changes mods, and those tutorial helped me understand which TYPE of mod should follow and when...for example animation .esps came first, than its audio mods, than something else etc...

CyberCyrax

CyberCyrax

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
...sorry for double post, first time i posted it message won't respond, i had to click again to post comment...

...but still since i already double posted i'll use it to my advantage ^_^ and post my load order, maybe someone'd be able to help me out sorting it...here it is:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Frequency.esm

Now there're .esps:
Courrier's home.esp
drgNV - Marcus Companion.esp
RexSonicBark.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
Max Followers 12.esp
Companions Relax.esp
Follower Wait Time 100000.esp
Meltdown Medley.esp
Frequency - Dead Money Patch.esp
Frequency - Honest Hearts Patch.esp
Frequency - Old World Blues Patch.esp
DeadlierExplosivesNV.esp
NewStripMarkers.esp
aaaJNFSniperZooming.esp
No Scope Wobble.esp
noautoaim.esp
norepairneeded.esp
repair.esp
THE5 Visors Mod.esp
BlurKillerDM.esp
Immersive Karma with No Karma Stealing.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Faster Running.esp
Faster Terminals.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp

...esactly in that order...so what's wrong and what should be changed? anyone?

Edited by CyberCyrax, 31 July 2011 - 10:26 AM.

dlundell

dlundell

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
@CyberCyrax

http://wiki.tesnexus...d_order_and_you ?

I believe what you say but sorting .esps is what it is supposed to do. If it doesn't work as expected, make sure that the masterlist.txt is up to date. Revision 3067 at this moment. If you use the real BOSS (not FOMM) the log says the number of recognised and unrecognised plugins. In theory the recognised should be sorted...

CyberCyrax

CyberCyrax

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
well yes! that seems to be those link i was requesting it makes sense now, thanks for the link...its just simple the way it is introduced there, because i don't really feel like going all the way through those steps to make load order look like intended, i mean messing with BOSS and other tools...anyway thanks for all your help!

sgtsnorkles

sgtsnorkles

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
I am having an issue and I have no clie as to why it has happened. I am running Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I did use version 3.21, but for some reason that version no longer works for me, does a CTD. I installed version 3.20 and no problems loading, adding mods have done fine(except for one so far requiring the latest version of FOMM).
Any ideas anyone?

Grifman

Grifman

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts
Anyone have any idea why FOMM is not keeping my load order for FONV? I can arrange them, then close FOMM, then open it, and mods have moved around. Actually it's always the same ones, about half a dozen. Not sure why this is happening, kind of irritating. Anyone? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.863 seconds