Budget Gaming Pc

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me build a budget gaming pc for around £500 that could play something like the Witcher 3 on medium to high settings... at a push I might be able to raise the budget to £600, but no higher :(

Thanks for your time and any help, as I'm fairly useless at this sort of thing!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately you probably won't get anything particularly good for that amount of money, especially in the UK. You should probably hold onto what you have and try to find some way to get atleast £800 before even thinking about buying parts for a new PC. And even then, this won't cover the price of monitor, keyboard, mouse, ect.

Heya, I already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse etc from my currunt pc setup. What do you think of this setup (for £659):

Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4590 (3.3GHz) 6MB Cache

ASUS® H81M-PLUS: Micro-ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs

8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)

2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 960 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE

CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY

Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler

Heya, I already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse etc from my currunt pc setup. What do you think of this setup (for £659):

Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4590 (3.3GHz) 6MB Cache

ASUS® H81M-PLUS: Micro-ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs

8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)

2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 960 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE

CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY

Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler

There's nothing outright bad about that setup. But, you also won't be able to play everything in high graphics or with a >30 frames per second. It'll also probably start having trouble playing anything that isn't a console port in a year or two due to either the slower processor or the videocard's RAM size. The ultimate question would be what kind of games you're wanting to play on it, and how much usage you're wanting to get. If you're playing mostly older/lower spec games and aren't interested in First person shooters where frames per second is a concern, you should be fine. But if you get a bug up your ass because all the textures aren't super high quality and are seeing less than 120 frames (on a 60 hertz monitor), you may want to hold off till you can save up more.

You should also consider what kind of case you intend to use. You should also consider how you plan to transfer data from your current PC into the new one. Newer SATA connections are backwards compatible with older drives that also needed SATA, but if you are using an IDE based drive, you will have a problem hooking it up directly and will need an external enclosure/bay that has an IDE connector, or the ability to have both computers on and have a serial cable connecting them.

Ultimately I just want it to look nice and run smoothly. I'm not too bothered about it having to have super high quality textures, just look nice. I will be playing older games, but plan on playing new ones, too, such as the Witcher 3 - with room to update the separate components at a later time such as the processor when it's needed a couple years down the line... I do like fps's as well, but am more into Counterstrike than Call of Duty.

The case I'll get with it is this one:

PCS ALPHA TRION 7622B BLACK CASE

Edited by OlafHelmsborg

If I was you I'd wait a little bit and see what the new AMD cards are going to be. Its already known that the R9 390x is going to be using high bandwidth memory, which is superior to GDDR5. The lower models will probably use it as well. They should be out in about a month or so. 2GBs of Vram is going to be limiting in modern games. I'd recommend you get a GPU with at least 3gbs.

Edited by Beriallord

• 4 weeks later...