Dead or Alive 5 PC mods

zod911

There'll be mods alright, vanilla DOA5 was able to be modded on the 360/PS3 alone. There's going to be a lot of interest from the modding community beyond the simplistic birthday suit mods. I'd like to give Eliot a Link tunic and Ayane a Psylocke outfit.

The interest is likely to come from other communities, you can bet all the outfits turn up in Skyrim, even the characters from the previous games have been turned into Skyrim companions.

• 4 weeks later...

Tecmo went nuts when people modded the previous games on consoles, unlike most devs who ignore it, I doubt they'll make modding easy.

Screw Tecmo, They release videos like this

and then expect modders to respect characters in their game by not releasing mature mods..lol

SoftEngine is disabled in DOA 5 PC version..Code is there just disabled..I hope some modder will enable it :P

They're threatening to not make any more games for the PC if it gets modded, as if they want to make them anyway. Console sales in Japan are terrible and Japanese developers have been struggling for years, that's why we're seeing a lot of Japanese titles on the PC now, it's not because they're doing us a favour.

SoftEngine is disabled in DOA 5 PC version..Code is there just disabled..I hope some modder will enable it :tongue:

Do you have a credible source for this information?

If DOA5LR is in fact based on the arcade version with a few extras thrown in, then that is using the last gen engine. The Soft Engine code was probably added between the release of the arcade version and the console versions. In which case there is no SE code in the PC version.

SoftEngine is disabled in DOA 5 PC version..Code is there just disabled..I hope some modder will enable it :tongue:

Do you have a credible source for this information?

If DOA5LR is in fact based on the arcade version with a few extras thrown in, then that is using the last gen engine. The Soft Engine code was probably added between the release of the arcade version and the console versions. In which case there is no SE code in the PC version.

I wouldn't doubt it. Team Ninja is arguably the most ridiculous excuse for a game developer that has EVER been. One of the primary aspects of my general slap to the face here is they are LAZY.

Like Shigeru Miyamoto with Zelda(and those idiots who keep Mario alive), regurgitating the same ever-more tiring game content & subject matter every time they put out a so called "new" game, is just shameful. All Team Ninja does is put slightly new window dressing on their original DOA2 Hardcore programming, give it a new number and expect people to buy it!!!

No, I'd bet my last game token the Soft Engine code for PS3/4/XBOX1 is somewhere in those "nicely" encrypted PC game files. No way, they would make an effort to create more than ONE actual game.

And what hipocrites?? Good and moral gameplay? Isn't this the same weirdos who made DOA Volleyball? Oh my god! That creep who directs these games may well be Japan's version of Larry Flynt!!

What they SHOULD have done, instead of threaten game modders, is take us by the hand and kiss our rosy cheeks with amourous extent! Bethesda provided actual apps which let gamers to make Skyrim our own---allowing easily made mods for not only as many skin mods we could handle, but the priceless ability to finish their own poor excuse of a game release!

Can you imagine how much LESS money Skyrim would have made had Bethesda said NO to us modders fixing their game when it first crashed our PCs 11/11/11? Man, I still cringe at the sight of those Skyrim girls' "socky" feet!! Thank goodness for Phygee(high-res Skyrim feet modder) and thank goodness for the modders who will actually, FINALLY make DOA the best it can be.

Edited by ReaverLord