Author blocking, user area tweaks and general updates

Dark0ne

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this, I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been implemented earlier. Now I can browse the nexus without seeing any of those disgusting anime mods! But this presents an issue when an author makes a mod that isn't anime that I could want, but i guess that's unlikely. Another issue is when an author makes something completely different than they're previous work but it gets ignored because everyone that doesn't like their previous work has blocked them, which can shut out some modders that have started making different stuff. and some people may go around blocking everybody who has ever made a mod that they dont like, which can really hurt some modders who are trying something new, or have only ever made a single bad mod but their whole portfolio is ignored because of it Edited by bioshards

In response to post #23026129. #23026554 is also a reply to the same post.

I don't see many authors complaining about a select group of people not knowing of cool new mods they released, only because those have blocked them and their work from even showing up in the past over some nonsense ridiculous reason which when spelled out in their comments had only offended and insulted the authors and led to their being blocked from all the author's pages anyways...

...or in other words, it is always entirely the blockers' loss only, if they end up missing out on a mod they might in fact have enjoyed. The authors really couldn't, and shouldn't, care less about a few less morons (excuse the wording but it fits) now falling victim to their own actions.

And if you're really that concerned about the numbers, keep in mind the numbers you're talking of will always only ever be a tiny, almost disappearing in comparison, minority of site users here, and definitely far from any loss to the authors in question at all.

It isn't like 90% of the whole membership will now go and block one and the same author's contents from ever showing up so it would really 'shut out' the authors affected from gaining any public exposure at all now and in future. That's really not how this new feature will work out...

...or let me put it differently, if that really 'is' what will happen, well, I'm sorry, but then you people as a community really 'deserve' all the bad that will come of it. But I doubt this will happen, I really don't think it will... or at least I hope it won't, for all of you.

In response to post #23026129. #23026554, #23027964, #23032294 are all replies on the same post.

If you're curious as to some author makes different mods all of a sudden, you can simply unblock them, i really don't understand your reasoning bioshards.
You can always change your mind no ?

I think more control is always a good thing, no matter what kind of control, you can suit it entirely to your own needs. Edited by Guest