Dragon Combat Prioritization

IronDusk33

Ok, I think everyone has experienced this:

You are in the middle of fighting a dragon, he is almost down, and then either a wolf, some bandits, a sabre cat, or possibly a giant, comes out of nowhere and starts attacking you.

Or, you are attacking a dragon, and all of a sudden it flies off and starts killing a pack of wolves half a mile off.

This, obviously, is very annoying, and I'm surprised I haven't seen a mod that fixes it. So, can someone make a mod, or direct me to a mod, that fixes this. ie Dragons attack you, and almost only you, and everything else either f*** off when you are in combat with a dragon, or prioritizes the dragon and attacks it until its dead, and then tries to kill you.

I use the excellent Dragon Combat Overhaul (DCO) mod by Appolodown, but it does not appear to address the "distracted dragon" syndrome you describe. The Main Quest's initial dragon battle at Whiterun's West Tower lasted around 3 in-game hours. As the dragon terrorized the countryside with flame, his health eventually started to get low from the Whiterun guards and my character's arrows, then the dragon called for backup and 2 of his buddies came swooping down - my chacter died once, and he was trying to use the tower as cover. If you use DCO, you may be thankful for easily distracted dragons - it gives your chacater a chance to live to fight another day...