Creation Kit Mods Not Adding

silverwolf238

Hello,

I've been modding my Skyrim game about 6 months and in the past couple week have started to try and make my own mods. Anyway I've made a very simple weapon mod that I would love to play with but it does not show up in Mod Organizer.

1. It shows up as unmanaged in MO but there is no way to activate the plugin

2. There is no way to add the mod manually through where I save it, the .esp will not show up

3. I've noticed the mod appears in MO's overwrite folder ... should I add it to some other mod I already have? I've tried creating a new folder with those files and the mod still will not work.

4. It DOES appear and activate when I use the Skyrim Launcher but I need SKSE and I don't want to download NMM and reinstall all my mods and everything just to see if the Creation Kit mod will be compatible. And I don't want to go to the trouble of uploading the mod to the Steam workshop to subscribe to myself it's just an enchanted ebony sword for character's backstory, no one else would want it.

5. Does all of this make sense? Am I missing something really obvious?

Hello,

I've been modding my Skyrim game about 6 months and in the past couple week have started to try and make my own mods. Anyway I've made a very simple weapon mod that I would love to play with but it does not show up in Mod Organizer.

Because it's unmanaged it should just show up in the right-hand plug-ins list. You need to tick the checkbox in there.

If it really isn't working, you can package (put it in a zip file) and install it by opening the archive with mod organizer. But you shouldn't have to. The above works for me, and I do it all the time.

Hello,

Because it's unmanaged it should just show up in the right-hand plug-ins list. You need to tick the checkbox in there.

If it really isn't working, you can package (put it in a zip file) and install it by opening the archive with mod organizer. But you shouldn't have to. The above works for me, and I do it all the time.

Oh, yeah that worked awesome! Thanks so much, I also had to create the mod from the Overwrite folder.

Thank you!

It should not be showing up as both unmanaged and also in the overwrite folder. If that's the case then you must have launched the CK outside of MO at least one of the times that you were editing. That means that one of these two versions is outdated and should be deleted.

It should not be showing up as both unmanaged and also in the overwrite folder. If that's the case then you must have launched the CK outside of MO at least one of the times that you were editing. That means that one of these two versions is outdated and should be deleted.

Okay, I see. I had launched CK from both my dekstop and from MO so I just deleted the older version. Thank you very much!