Random shutdown

Atarinya

I gave it a go, did not change much Im afraid, atleast not my random Dcs. I also tried to toggle off safetyload, witch resulted in stuck in loading.

Not sure where to check what version I have of SKSE

Should I get the rest of the unofficial patches also?

Edited by Atarinya

Get all the unofficial patches. They fix a good many issues. I'd also suggest removing Sounds of Skyrim, as it eats up script memory. There are many different alternatives to this, many of which are, arguably, better. You can check your SKSE version by going to your Skyrim directory and looking for a file called skse_1_9_32.dll. If it's there, you're fine, and if there's a similar file with different numbers, you need to upgrade. I'm not sure if that's the best way to check, but it's how I've always done it. Once you've done that, go to the Data folder, then the SKSE folder (Create it if it doesn't exist). Open up SKSE.ini (Again, create it if needed) and enter in the following lines (Courtesy of Arthmoor):

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

That fixes CTDs for a good many people, and it's worth a try. Other than that, I don't have any suggestions, unless it's purely situational and not related to memory issues at all. If none of this works, perhaps you should consider that your computer just can't handle all these mods with your settings, and try turning down your graphics settings.

Edited by ElfyPers0n

I installed all the patched, it fixed some minor bugs here and there that I noticed. However Im still getting the random shutdowns.

Im going to sound like a total idiot now but how do I create a SKSE.ini? as there is noone in the SKSE folder, so that I can try the

[Memory]

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

:)

I appriciate that help btw guys, as Im totaly lost and been working on this for a few days now

You can open up notepad from the start menu, and click file, then "save as." Next to the "Save as type" (it should say "Text Documents" by default) click the drop down menu and select "All Files." Then, save it in your SKSE folder as SKSE.ini, and it will save as an ini file instead of txt. Then you can open it from there and add those lines.

Edited by ElfyPers0n

goto SKSE folder, create new text doc [right click mouse select NEW select New Text Document, name it SKSE then right click on it select Rename, change it from SKSE.txt to SKSE.ini MAKE sure it is NOT SKSE.ini.txt

then open it and add the:

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Edited by Balloran

Done and tested it for a few houers. no shutdown so far. It migth have something to do with me starting a new save?
I will run around on my old one for an houer or two, if no dc I will get back to you and report this problem fixed!

Edited by Atarinya

Rigth, it was all working as intended and good, I ran a "quicksearch" with my virus program (Norton) and after that when I lunch Skyrim it does the same thing. Only now it closes 3-4 seckonds into the game. This is getting frustrating :sad:

Howerver when I load another save, the game keeps running. Will my location in game affect this maby?

I will simply start from a another save and go to the same place and see if anything happens. Will let you know :)

Edited by Atarinya