Companions Quest bug

smiity935

since no one even looked at my last post i am posting screen shots of the problem.

Now i have had this problem for awhile where as i have the "talk to the companions leaders for work" (after proving honour before silver hand) yet no prompt for a quest pops up

see here

here

have tried many things yet NOTHING WORKS. also beond annoyed that no one has even looked at my posts hell users on reddit at least looked and commented on my posts. (END OF RANT)

Thank you for reading this.

Edited by smiity935

Okay, I'm not really understanding what issue you're having here. If I'm right in the way I'm thinking, are you saying that the miscellaneous quest is persisting, and is not progressing to the next main quest in the Companions quest-line?

Also, I get that you're frustrated (Skyrim can be a b**** sometimes), but keep in mind that posting here does not mean people are required to answer or help. If they do decide to help, they are doing so out of a desire to help, as well as doing so during their free time. It's just something to remember, but having said that, I will try to help you if I can.

Okay, I'm not really understanding what issue you're having here. If I'm right in the way I'm thinking, are you saying that the miscellaneous quest is persisting, and is not progressing to the next main quest in the Companions quest-line?

Also, I get that you're frustrated (Skyrim can be a b**** sometimes), but keep in mind that posting here does not mean people are required to answer or help. If they do decide to help, they are doing so out of a desire to help, as well as doing so during their free time. It's just something to remember, but having said that, I will try to help you if I can.

hi raven i tried to post a second screenshot of vilkas or skjor but it said my file was too big the chat options are "why did you deside to join the companions" and "what does it mean to be a companion" no other options. and sorry about the rant it's just super frustrating when i try to get help and no one says a thing after 5-10 posts.

Totally understand man (it's happened to me personally), wasn't calling you out or anything, but sometimes it's nice to think that people are helping because they want to, not because they HAVE to, if that makes sense.

From the way you responded, I'm going to assume that what I guessed was correct, and the next main quest in the Companions quest-line is not showing up. In that case, have you attempted to manually push the quest along using console commands?

If you have not, you can try it this way. Save before trying, as this is a relatively sloppy way of correcting the issue. First, open the console using the tilde (~) key. Second, type in "setstage C03 5." Press the tilde (~) key again, and check to see if the quest is now showing up. If it is, try to progress normally. Hopefully this will fix the issue, but if you are still having problems, don't hesitate to post back, pm me, or both.

Totally understand man (it's happened to me personally), wasn't calling you out or anything, but sometimes it's nice to think that people are helping because they want to, not because they HAVE to, if that makes sense.

From the way you responded, I'm going to assume that what I guessed was correct, and the next main quest in the Companions quest-line is not showing up. In that case, have you attempted to manually push the quest along using console commands?

If you have not, you can try it this way. Save before trying, as this is a relatively sloppy way of correcting the issue. First, open the console using the tilde (~) key. Second, type in "setstage C03 5." Press the tilde (~) key again, and check to see if the quest is now showing up. If it is, try to progress normally. Hopefully this will fix the issue, but if you are still having problems, don't hesitate to post back, pm me, or both.

got ya will report back if it works or not (also i know a bit about console commands i.e. explosive chickens mod)

*EDIT* IT WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH (now to find rodrick redbeard)

Edited by smiity935