Help me install Robert's Male Body v5

KingMudkip

firstly, unzip the file,

have a look in the folder you should see three folders: Body Variants, Data and Stock armor and Clothing

Firstly, look in the folder called " Body Variants" inside you'll see 4 folders with four different body shapes, open what body size you want to use inside you'll see two folders, cloth and nude,

open what folder you want to use - nude as in not a stitch on and cloth as in the body will always wear a set of undies.

Now, if you have chosen cloth, look inside the cloth folder, you will see 3 nifts lowerpants1, lowerpants4 and lowerpants5 choose what undies your character will permainently wear.

now, go to the folder where you have oblivion installed open up the data folder and see if you see a folder called " Meshes" open meshes then find characters and then find _male

open the _male and keep it open.

rename the nif of the undie version you chose to lowerbody and drag and drop it into the nude version of the body type you chose and overright the lowerbody nif

next drag and drop all the nifs in the nude folder over to the _male folder of your Oblivion/ Data/ Meshes/ Characters

Now your game has a modded body type but it needs Textures to look right.

so,

go to the data folder in the open zip of male 5 open the meshes folder and open the characters folder and delete the _male folder inside - you don't need it and the lowerbody nif is nude.

now, drag and drop the Malebody Replacerv4.esp and the meshes and textures folders into your oblivion Data folder

You're almost done now I promise.

next, open the stock clothing folder in the male v5 beta folder and unzip the files,

Move the folder/s in there into your oblivion data folder moving the folder inside the Robert BASE 1st person fixs last and overright the change/s

Now, use a archeive invalidater of your choice to make the changes appear.

launch the game tick the MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp in the Data of the launcher and play

:turned:

All right, I completed everything up to the second-to-last step. I didn't see a _male folder, so I went ahead and created one - hopefully that won't kill anything.

As far as the second-to-last step goes, what exactly is an archive invalidater? I'm a little new at this modding business and haven't picked up all the terminology yet. Is that something like OBMM or BOSS?

EDIT: Loaded the game and it seems to have worked. I'll know for sure later today. One (hopefully) last question: is Robert's Female Body installed in a similar manner, or is it different?

as long as you put the contents of the nude folder inside the _male folder you should be fine ( not the folder called nude - just whats inside it )

BOSS helps load order to avoid incompatability with mods - very useful if you use a lot of mods.

OBMM does a lot of stuff but yeah you can use that to archive invalidate

BSA Patcher - I use this because it's fast and easy but if you use this don't use OBMM because the two together can corrupt your files. Probly the most best one to use if you're a noob because you can't destroy your game if you use it.

You need the archive invalidater because simply put if a mod ( like roberts male body ) adds files to the game that replace vanilla files the game won't recognise the new replacers unless you archive invalidate and effectively update the game to use the new replacements.

Yes, Roberts Female is very similar :)

Edited by dunmermaiden

Well, I'm already using OBMM a little, so let's go with that. Should I just use the default invalidation options, and what buttons should I be hitting?

EDIT: OK, I found another web page and got the archive invalidation taken care of. I'm going to move on to the Female Body now. Is there anything in particular I should do to ensure a lack of nudity?

I must have the wrong download or something; I'm not seeing a cloth version like there was in the Male Body pack.

It's a bit different from the male one the cloth version sorry.

1) Unzip the file and open the folder. You should see 1 folder called " Data "

next, open data you will see meshes textures folders the RTFemaleReplacerV12.esp drag the drop the RTFemaleReplacerV12.esp and textures into your oblivion data folder.

now open the meshes folder in the opened zip file and you will see 3 folders inside, clothes, armor, and characters open the characters folder inside you will see 2 folders the _male and RT, open the RT folder.

You will see 2 folders female and resource, open the female folder you will see 1 folder called average, open it.

Inside you will see 2 folders cloth and nude open the cloth folder and drag and drop the nifs inside into the zip folder _male folder now delete the RT folder and drag the meshes folder into your oblivion data folder.

now it's installed. However, if you are using the Roberts Female Fixed version you will need the Roberts female v12 one to use the cloth femaleupperbody and femalelowerbody to overright the equivilent nifs from the Robert Female Fixed version, just install the Roberts Female Fixed version first and then open your oblivion data meshes characters _male folder and drag and drop these 2 nifs only into there and overight the changes.

then archeive invalidate the game and play.

:happy: