Daedra Race

skyrimman1996

I have seen there is a Dremora Race when modding Skyrim, I think there should be a Daedra race, in which you can choose, but it could also be on an alternate menu. Like, you can click "Play Skyrim as Hero" or "Play Skyrim as Daedric Prince". If they choose to play as a Daedra, Ask them about what they want their Daedra to look like, what powers does he/she have, Were are his/her shrines located, and the name of the Daedric Prince. Then give them the abilities of the Daedric Princes, but an alternate, instead of making it trapped in Oblivion like the others, you can make him/her placed on Skyrim as like, one Prince escaped. Give people the view of being able to play as a Daedra. Then if you want to add a little bit of choice, make a new potion, this potion has the ability to strip a Daedric Prince of his/her powers and make them look like whatever they choose to look like. I think it would be a really interesting mod if someone would like to challenge themselves in making it.

... Where to begin...

Daedric Princes aren't races so much as gods, they are named and already present in game as misc quest givers for the most part.

Dremora are a race one of many lesser Daedra (lesser Daedra are races of the Oblivion realms as are mer/men races of Nirn) and all the lesser Daedric races are categorized and their general physical traits known. Many of these lesser Daedra already have playable races in Skyrim (Dremora and Xivlavi come immediately to mind).

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedra

If you just want the chance to play as one of these races I'd suggest a quick Nexus search for the relevant race. No need to make a whole new mod for it. I believe there's also a few playable Daedric Prince mods as well, Sheogorath/Jyggalag is usually a popular choice.

Or are you actually asking for a mod that allows you to strip a god of their power and cast them into a mortal form? That's at least interesting but far beyond the scope of a simple race mod, if done well.

To be fair I asked for some very... out there race mods when I first discovered mods. No one took the time to explain why my ideas where so terrible that they weren't worth a reply then, so I did a good bit of research to try and understand why. I'm just affording you the courtesy I had hoped for then.

Edited by Oubliette