NVSE Help- Noobs

BootyhunterzX

• 3 months later...

I get the same error when using the launcher icon in the /Fallout New Vegas folder. However, when I use the steam "play" button, the launcher works and I can play just fine. But if I click "exit" in the launcher before starting the game, it crashes and Windows says it's not responding. The nvse.exe isn't working for me either, the rectangular DOS window appears for a few moments, but the smallish black window you normally get in the upper-left hand corner of the screen does not show up.

...help?

• 4 months later...

Hi, I got the same error today. After couple of reinstalations.

That's what I get when I try to run the nvse_loader.exe

It is a clean version of FONV, w/o any mods etc, fresh just after installation. Although the same goes with installed mods.

The second error is a result of me trying to run nvse_loader.exe in the Compatibility Mode.

HELP!

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3210/1rzz.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have same problem. I have clean installation without mods.

Its problem with lasted game version? (1.4.0.525)

Hi Goraxis,

Can you post screenshots of your install directory and list the version of Fallout NV and also the version of NVSE you are attempting to install.

The more detail you go into the easier it will be for you to get a solution.

Hi there,

I've also encountered some problem with the NVSE. I have no error when launching the game, but the NVSE doesn't seem to be running - the command for verification of the NVSE version doesn't work (can't be found) and of course any mod with NVSE as a requirement (like MCM menu or Project Nevada) is showing errors. It doesn't work no matter how I launch the game - NVSE launcher, Steam (In-Game Community option is enabled) or the 4GB Enabler exe. Also I find strange that if I launch the game through the NVSE launcher, it always brings up the game's launcher (where you can change plugins the game should use etc.) not the game itself. It basically goes like this - I run NVSE Launcher -> NVSE command line window pops up for a brief time -> New Vegas Launcher -> click on Play -> game is loading...

Some technical info: I'm running Vista 64-bit, the Steam (and the games) is installed on the separated disk from the system and all the NVSE .dll files are unblocked. I've also tried to run the .exe as an administrator, but that hasn't worked either. I have the Ultimate Edition of the game downloaded from Steam.

As for instalation of the NVSE, I have the nvse_loader.exe and all dll files (nvse_1_4.dll, nvse_1_4ng.dll, nvse_editor_1_4.dll, nvse_steam_loader.dll) correctly in the game root folder (where the FalloutNV.exe and FalloutNVLauncher.exe are located). The version of NVSE is 2.12b (the last non-beta build on NVSE web page), I have also tried the newer beta version, but results have been the same.

If anyone can tell me, where could be the problem, I would appreciate that.

Finally - there's content of some logs:

nvse_loader.log

nvse loader 020000C0 01CEFE285E2B71E5
launching: FalloutNV.exe (D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\FalloutNV.exe)
dwSignature = FEEF04BD
dwStrucVersion = 00010000
dwFileVersionMS = 00010004
dwFileVersionLS = 0000020D
dwProductVersionMS = 00010004
dwProductVersionLS = 0000020D
dwFileFlagsMask = 00000017
dwFileFlags = 00000000
dwFileOS = 00000004
dwFileType = 00000001
dwFileSubtype = 00000000
dwFileDateMS = 00000000
dwFileDateLS = 00000000
version = 000100040000020D
steam exe
hook call addr = 00ECC46B
load lib addr = 00FDF0B0
dll = D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\nvse_1_4.dll
main thread id = 4676
hookBase = 001A0000
loadLibraryAAddr = 76A73C54
hook thread complete
launching

nvse_steam_loader.log

nvse loader 020000C0 (steam) 01CEFE285FE3F755
GetSystemTimeAsFileTime IAT = 00FDF184
original GetSystemTimeAsFileTime = 76A708D0
patched GetSystemTimeAsFileTime = 67D515E0
InstallHook: thread = 3364 retaddr = 00ECADEB
appPath = D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\FalloutNV.exe
dwSignature = FEEF04BD
dwStrucVersion = 00010000
dwFileVersionMS = 00010004
dwFileVersionLS = 0000020D
dwProductVersionMS = 00010004
dwProductVersionLS = 0000020D
dwFileFlagsMask = 00000017
dwFileFlags = 00000000
dwFileOS = 00000004
dwFileType = 00000001
dwFileSubtype = 00000000
dwFileDateMS = 00000000
dwFileDateLS = 00000000
version = 000100040000020D
steam exe
dll = D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\nvse_1_4.dll
old winmain = 0086A850

FNV4GB.log

Loader: Getting windows version - 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
Loader: Address Space Size = 0xFBD6F000
Loader: Getting executable name - D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\fnv4gb.exe
Loader: Parsing Command Line...
Loader: Trying to get game path from Bethesda Softworks registry key
Loader: Attmepting to open HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\FalloutNV - Succeeded
Loader: Attempting to query size of "Installed Path" value - Succeeded
Loader: Attempting to query "Installed Path" value - Succeeded
Loader: Changing directory to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\
Loader: Original exe is: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\FalloutNV.exe
Loader: LAA exe is: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\exes\FalloutNV.exe
Loader: Validating original exe...
Loader: Validation passed
Loader: Making sure original and LAA exe are not the same file - They aren't
Loader: Making sure this executable is not D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\FalloutNV.exe - It isn't
Loader: Making sure this executable is not D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\exes\FalloutNV.exe - It isn't
Loader: Original exe doesn't have LAA flag set as required.
Loader: Getting file attributes for original exe
Loader: Checking if file attributes for original exe and LAA exe match - They did.
Loader: Validating and checking status of D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\exes\FalloutNV.exe...
Loader: seems good
Loader: Setting SteamAPPId environment variable to 22380 (Fallout New Vegas)
Loader: Creating process: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\exes\FalloutNV.exe"
Loader: Allocating memory buffer in child procress - Success. Buffer at FFFA0000
Loader: Getting handle to Kernel32
Loader: Getting filename of Kernel32
Loader: Getting module information for Kernel32
Loader: Creating remote thread to initialize libraries
Loader: Waiting for remote thread to exit
Loader: Getting number of modules loaded in child process
Loader: Getting handles to modules loaded in child process
Loader: Looking for handle to Kernel32 in module handle list from child process
Loader: Injecting dll loader code into child process.
Loader: Writing injection data into child process.
Loader: Creating remote thread to load helper dll
Loader: Waiting for remote thread to exit
fnv4gb_helper: successfully injected
Executable filename: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas enplczru\exes\FalloutNV.exe
Executable address: 0x400000
Address Space Size = 0xFA448000
Resetting LAA Bit
Getting Handle to KERNEL32 - Succeeded
Redirecting GetModuleFileNameA
Loading additional DLLs
Attempting to load nvse_steam_loader.dll - Succeeded
fnv4gb_helper: returning from CompleteInjection
Loader: Checking if LAA has any effect - It does.
Loader: Checking if LAA flag worked for child process - It Did
Loader: Starting main thread in child process
Loader: Waiting for child process to exit
Loader: Exiting

Thanks for any help with this. Also - sorry for my English, I'm not particulary good at it. :-)

"Application load error 5:0000065434"

This means it could not start Steam - you can start steam manually - then go back and launch using NVSE. This should only happen if you don't have steam running in the background already.

The files from NVSE MUST be in the same folder as FalloutNV.exe and NOT in the Data folder with the mods - NVSE is not a mod and does not install like a mod. Then - EVERY time you start the game, you must start using the NVSE launcher and NOT the steam or Fallout launcher. ( steam has an option that will allow starting NVSE when you start with steam) The included Steam loader should automatically start steam (if it is not already running) and load NVSE, then launch the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I must be computer illiterate but I cannot find the .exe folder for fallout NV, anybody care to help a moron like me?

Launch Steam, go to the library, select FNV and right-click on it. Then, in opened menu, select "Local Files" and click first button, "View the local files"

P.s. names can vary, 'cause I'm using russian version of Steam.