2x2 Satellite Nexus

TheDracophile

I have a noobie question, that has probably been answered elsewhere and I'm just too lazy to search for it.

Why does a 2x2 block of Satellite Nexii(Nexussess?) not give 16 countries?

According to the description, each Nexus gives 2 countries. Having 4 would mean 8. With the 2x2 block, each Nexus has 2 adjacent ones, giving a bonus of 2 countries for each Nexus. According to my math, that should be a total of 16.

Now, I realize that Long War is designed to be more difficult and lengthy, but what am I missing?

TIA

Drac

Edited by TheDracophile

Confusing indeed... but the interpretation of such Bonuses can get tricky.

The additional "Country" is applied to the link itself and not on each of the two Nexus being adjacents.

Sooooo -- it goes something like this;

_2_ (+1) _2_

(+1)......(+1)

_2_ (+1) _2_

Thus.. a total of 12 -- only!

But, as i find this subject fascinating, let's extrapolate a bit further how i "fixed" the optimal setup with the normal gameplay flow of events and various Tech+Credits availability concerns that happen in due time after key months where we *CAN* afford to manage our "Bonus" blocks.

Look below...

http://s8.postimg.org/5n4lswl2t/Satellites_Optimal_Build_Nexus_3.png

This involves a simple value change from 2 to 3 for the Nexus entry in the DGC.INI file!

As a result, i now get a maximum of 17 ( Bonuses Count = 7) instead of the default (and certainly silly) 15 which in that case, would mean just ONE more single Uplink has to built to get full coverage.

Precious extra spot when it's time to dump both the HyperWave and Gollop-Chamber somewhere in a very tight base structure, if you ask me!

;)

Edited by Zyxpsilon

• 6 months later...

Or... WITHOUT cheating by modifying ini files, you could just do a standard 2X3 setup with three uplinks and 3 nexi (what is the plural of nexus?). Where you put them is less relevant, but I tend to do it like this:

Nexus (2) - (1X) - Uplink (1) - (1X) - Uplink (1)

(1X) (1X) (1X)

Nexus (2) - (1X) - Nexus (2) - (1X) - Uplink (1)

If you do this across the top left quadrant of your base, it leaves you with the possibility of maximizing other bonuses by getting the other 3 types in 2X2 blocks (Power, Workshops, Labs)

Yep... every preferable "setups" lead to most optimal results (even when the Nexus entries are kept at 2 instead of my "cheater" solution of three each).

The trick here is that when it's finally time to cover the whole world with the last Uplink(s)... the rest of the base is becoming tightly packed and i felt it shouldn't be an obstacle to some steady pace towards efficient use of available empty spots.

Considering how costly the Nexus are, it also seemed logical to add an extra Satellite to it anyway while i searched for a gimmicky response to the silly 7th requirement in any given configurations.