Impossible missions (some EXALT and some UFO).

JoseG2

I feel some missions ridiculous umbalanced (in early game)

There are missions absolutelly impossible.

For example my 3 first missions of EXALT:

- 4 soldiers ao a corner and the spy on the other.

- First movement of 5 tiles reveals 12 EXALT (2 of them with rocket launchers)

- On the EXALT turn two more were droped.

All EXALT were on the same way. And I am very conservative carefull player and always move very cautious.

Another are some UFOs as this:

- Medium UFO on the forest.

- Third movement reveals 1 Ciberdisc with 2 drones and 12 seekers (3x4 where half of them stealth).

- Too far to reach extraction and too many to fight (only the stealth did a full squad strangulation).

The UFO could be bad luck, I assume, but the EXALT are all in the same way that I feel ridiculous. And I can't understand how are intended to be played these missions.

I agree for regular the level of difficulty is way to high. I love the new stuff that long war brings to X-com.

I have attacked the first enemy base. Is till have four more since I have lost more countries. The first base had 49 enemies in it. Two were bosses one of which was a cyberdisk. This took me alot of save scumming for I never could of done on one run. I had sent my best team in I had with lasers and armor and I had them wiped out a number of times. The game ended up like this. I would send my scout in to find out where a mob was at and dodge the overwatch attacks so my sniper could do a pot shot and then my scout would run back to cover. The enemy never moved just stayed in overwatch mode. This was with every mectoid I encountered. Otherwise I was getting rushed by a pod of five to eight mobs tring to overwhelm me, usually with a berseker or a cyberdisk in the mix of a minor box peon. This mission took me five hours since I had to inch my way through the whole base.

The battleship and bridge mission are just stupid.

I know the battleship is a battleship but with fatigue and injuries happening if you do not have the right team available when the mission comes up, you have no chance of doing it. You have to have at least three to four squadsight people for it. I never made it passed the first generator I kept getting three pods of craziness activated. This was usually fifteen mobs and I still had to deal with all the ones that dropped in on me. Since I had my C team on this mission it would have been a death sentence because there was no way possible that they could survive 40+ mobs in one battle.

Deluge or the bridge mission. I thought I was hot crap for it was going good for me. I killed the three mechtoids and the swarms of sectoids and mutons that first drop. I had gotten the first three levers pulled and still had six turns left to get to the next one or to race to the truck if needed. When I get to the next lever two pods one ten mutons and one of ten floaters pop and then three mechtoids and like six to eight more aliens drop from the sky. How in the hell are you suppose to handle that amount of mobs on a timed mission. Unless you just want people to have there troops killed. The girl at the end of the mission for the reward is not worth half or more of a squad of dead soldiers.

Exalt missions started out nice. Now it is my squad against forty to fifty exalt in a mission. Unless of course it the five man one where they half eight to ten men guarding the transmitter my man needs to get to that he starts by. So if he moves he activates the "guard pod" and dies by the time exalt turn is over since they will not miss ten times in a row on one target. It will happen to players but not the aliens. That's X-com.

On the alien missions and UFO's I don't even go for the meld anymore. I found out if you go for it you pull to many pods and you die.

I love long war and I haven't even gotten mech's yet to play with and I know I never will. Please make regular which is easy mode for long war not so stupidily hard and insane. I want to have fun if I want to be bang my head on a wall I would be doing impossible and iron man.

You all want this mod to be succesful and get people to download and be paying members of this site but if you mod something that an average player can not have fun at or even think they have a chance of beating the game they will just go play another game on Steam.

Some suggestions regular should start with 80 soldiers, I lost over 20 in the first three months and had to spend most of my money on new bullet fodder since half were dead, injured or fatigued. I figuring I am getting about twelve missions a month at least and this is not including the council request missions. So if you are playing regular and are not save scumming the whole game all the time the death toll adds up really fast. My other suggestion is make laser weapons and the armor cheaper since they need to be repaired every time the users get hit, and can not be used till they are repaired. I swear I have made fifteen armors so I have some available at all times sine I am always repairing it.

I have read that exalt will fight with the aliens later in the mod and that sounds cool. I think would be a cool idea is any country that the aliens have a base in gives them a chance to have soldiers from that country fighting for them against X-com. And if you can stun the soldiers and free the country later on they could join X-com.

I played some EXALT missions more and find that missions are very unbalanced. Since the EXALT missions with full squad to defend encoder are easy, the mission of extraction with 4 men are just a stupid roll of dice, the only strategy I found was as follows:

- To send a Scout with 21 of mobility and spam scanners without move a single tile.

- If I am lucky I have an empty path to dash to one tower and disconnect weapons on second turn when.

- If i am unlucky I have a bad EXALT deployment that makes IMPOSSIBLE do a single one tile movement without discover tons of enemies and lose the mission.

What is ridiculous is that I also had one mission where had two groups of exalt in sight just on the deploymet WITHOUT MOVING A SINGLE TILE.