Help with PC upgrade for 5760x1080

stoudtlr

I run Skyrim at 4k resolution (3840x2160) on a Retina iMac with R9 M295X (4gb Vram). I'm dual booting into Windows 7 to do this. It was a pain to get working at that resolution (until I discovered EnBoost, skse tweak, etc.) and the game has one glitch - the "Level Up" reminder is always on screen. Once tweaked I'm getting a solid 60 fps most of the time (limited to 60 in the ini setting). Drops to 50's briefly for loads. The built in monitor of the iMac is native 5k (5120x2880), but Windows won't do that resolution at this time :-(

I'm a gaming system builder myself - the Mac is my work machine and I was curious about pushing the game to its limit. Anyway, the Radeon should have the horsepower you need. I'm using the mobile version and it works well. I'm also using latest gen Intel core i7 4ghz and 1tb SSD. Hope this helps.

I'm going to post 4k screenshots in a separate post.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up going the 4k route as well. Besides finally upgrading my pc i'm also building a pc for each of my 3 kids. So instead of buying 3 new monitors to go with their pc's I decided to pass down my 24" 1080p's to them and buy myself a 4k monitor. :-D

For the graphics I ended up deciding on the new Titan. Cheaper than SLI 980's while being almost as good if it's OC'd. Stock 980 SLI only about 5% faster than single OC'd Titan according to this review:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-review (I know, I know, that's stock...if the 980's were OC'd too they would be even faster. But still have the issues with SLI and they are still more expensive)

If that one card isn't enough I'll always have the option to throw in another one down the road. Everything will be showing up on Tuesday, but I doubt the wife will let me play with my new toys until I get the kids' computers finished and put in their rooms. :-(