Top 30 single player pc games

evildead789

The best 30 pc games all time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you'll think i'm crazy but here i'm posting the 30 best single player games on a pc (imo).

No console, no handheld, no multiplayer, only pc ( a commodore 64 is also a pc!).

Feel free to post your own top 30 or comment, flame, whatever.

Beware all the video contain some kind of spoilers.

here they come

1. Worms 4: Mayhem (ha!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtHP--g6Jhc&feature=related

2. Oblivion IV (no need to explain)

3. Moonstone (on amiga, regardless of what you think you will like this game, unique)

4. Drakan (my best friend is a big dragon)

5. Halflife (what do you expect?)

6. Unreal (you'd better be good)

7. Hitman (the revelation, made in the year 2000)

8. Dawn of war (for the emperor)

9. Another world (amiga) (pssht)

10. Gta san andreas (planes, boats, cars, samuel l jackson and so much more)

11 Bioshock (creepy, psychologically challenging piece of art)

12. Resident evil 2 (scary!)

13. Abe's oddworld (very odd!)

14. Bloodrayne (god i love the dismemberment)

15. Resident evil 4 (you will replay)

16. Return to castle wolfenstein (nazi's and zombies mix very well)

17. international karate +

18. Mass effect (art meets technology)

19. Thief the dark project (sneak sneak sneak)

20. Fear (now that was good)

Edited by evildead789

21. Far cry (my god the graphics!!)

22. Crysis (my god the graphics!!!)

23. Gta IV (Do I know that city?)

24. Tie: Medal of honor: Allied Assault / Call of Duty

(which historic battle do you like the most)

25. Homeworld (3d rts with spaceships ?)

26. Prince of persia the warrior within (when i die,i just rewind)

27. Aliens vs predator 2(it was bound to happen) (not the latest version lol)

28. All Mortal Kombat (Finish Him!)

29. Gianna sisters (it's mario with a girl????)

30. Red faction (Can I destroy that)

Any suggestions,questions, comments, flames, are all welcome

What are your best 30 pc games of all time?

My top singleplayer PC games:

1. Oblivion (with mods)

2. Fallout 3 (with mods)

3. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (with Oblivion Lost ULTIMATE (includes Arsenal and other mods))

4. System Shock 2

5. Deus Ex

6. Morrowind

7. Fallout: New Vegas (with mods and patches)

8. Minecraft

9. Dragon Age: Origins

10. Gears of War

11. Unreal

12. Crysis

13. Starcraft 2

14. Starcraft/Brood War

15. World in Conflict/Soviet Assault

16. Far Cry 2

17. Diablo

18. Diablo 2/Lord of Destruction

19. Warcraft 3/Frozen Throne

20. Half-Life 2 (vanilla and with mods)

21. Half-Life (vanilla and with mods)

22. ARMA Armed Assault (with Cold War Rearmed mod)

23. Call of Duty/United Offensive

24. F.E.A.R.

25. Freelancer

26. Red Faction

27. Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn

28. Lemmings

29. Unreal Tournament 2004

30. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Edited by DeathWarrior

OK here is another one for you.

This for me is a second golden age for PC racing games.

It's been quite for a while, but right now you've got better games available on PC than on console, and those for multiple platforms are showing excellent PC support and are genuinely better on a good pc.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. For anyone with a controller. Period. This is easily the best racing game I have played in nearly a decade. This game marks the official blending of the Burnout and Need For Speed franchioses, and bloody hell, did they do a good job of it.

Featuring the best graphics I've ever seen in my life, the best car selection of any racing game ever compiled, a huge, stunningly beautiful open world environment, and as much fun factor as any other two games in this list combined, this simple, utterly addictive, utterly polished arcade racer will leave anyone, regardless of skill level, speachless.

This is a game that is extremely hard to put down, with every race you earn Bounty towards either your cop or street racer career, each time you finish a race, that Bounty is added to your total pool, and serves as progress in a simplistic but very effective level up system. It's dialed so that for the first 36 hours of gameplay, you'll almost always be rewarded with a car, new equipment, or a new rank after each race, it's almost impossible to say "OK, it's 10 PM, time to get ready for bed and work tommorow" when you're 5,000 Bounty away from earning a two millino dollar Pagani Zonda Cinque of such stunningly realistic presentation that you feel like you could reach out and touch it.

And the gameplay is superb too, it's simple, but simple here isnt a bad thing since it requires a surprising amount of reflexes and technical experience to navigate the flowing, undulating scenery of Seacrest County(or as my fellow NFS diehards know it, Morro Bay) Races are split into Cop and Racer events, with two parralel level up systems for each, it's a long game, especialy the racer missions, which are basicaly a Burnout 3 style mix of direct races, time attacks, and car chases from the perspective of either the cops or racers.

This brings me to my final point, the tech and the cars. Firstly, no other game in this genre comes aywhere near NFS: HP for graphics, F1 outdoes it on sound, but this blows everything away on graphics. Graphicaly, it will run on almost anything, well, but at the same time, even on the lowest settings in mid resolution, as long as you're in HD, this will look more like a hollywood movie blockbuster than a game. Photorealistic doesnt even begin to describe it on the maximum settings however, which outshine even Crysis, while happily running on my GF's humble work laptop.

And you'll be glad of those graphics too, for numbers, the car selection is a bit disapointing, maybe 70 vehicles including cop versions on my Collector's Pre order edition, but for the brands, vehicles, and licences, this is the best game ever compiled. As it features literaly every true supercar of the last ten years-some of which arent even out yet-in unmatched detail, and with physics to match, this is true racing game heaven. Test Drive Unlimited meets Burnout meets Crysis. Sublime.

If you're gonna get it, and I, a devoted racing game fanboy, wholeheartedly endorse it, make sure you use a full HD TV and a wireless Xbox 360 controller. the 360 remote gives you force Feedback, but is also 100% supported and gives you the most nuanced control of any input device I tried, since this has a lot of drift in it, you'll be glad of that level of subtle control every time you hit a bend. And the HD TV simply because you'll want to bask in those graphics-any lesser set is less than they deserve.

I was very sceptical about Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit but gave it a try anyway and I'm glad I did, it's one of the best arcade racers I've played. The lack of wheel support is a real shame though, the 360 pad is good but nowhere near as good a decent force feedback wheel, maybe they'll patch it in at some point.

Wait, you mean it doesn't support using wheels? Bummer. Guess I'd better go cross it off my Christmas list.

That being said, my PC experience has been fairly short, as I only semi-recently (2-3 yrs) converted to PC.

Absolute #1) Battle for Middle-Earth. I'm a LOTR guy, and it was just fun. Not really complex or anything, but a great way to kill a looot of time.

2) FO:NV/FO:3 - Both great games, even with some minor issues with New Vegas, which the patches smoothed out. Modded out the wazoo, of course. (Is there any other way to play Fallout?)

3) Halo: Combat Evolved - Oh the fun. The campaign was nice, but the multiplayer had soooo many servers with random mods that were just fun to play. Nothing ground-breaking, just amusing. Unlimited rockets for the win.

4) MW2 / Bad Company 2 - I played them both, and couldn't put one over the other if I tried. Each of them are different, with their own ups and downs, and are both good games, some balance issues aside.

5) Call of Duty: Black Ops - Fairly new game, I'm sure you all know it's got some issues, but man it is so much fun. It's like Battlefield met MW2 and had an awesome baby with a few birth defects.

6) Minecraft / Dwarf Fortress - "Indie" games that are fairly well-known, and addictively fun.

7) America's Army 3 - Pretty cool, very tactical, and really involved, which is cool. Though if you aren't playing with friends, it's not quite as fun, because players aren't huge on the teamwork, sometimes.

8) Atomic Tanks - A flash game that is exactly what it says... you have a tank, and you kill other tanks. It's got some strategy, but is mostly just funny. You can blow up Caesar's tank as he makes oh so many comical statements.

Number 6 and 8 also get another ups for one special fact: They're portable. They run flawlessly from a flash drive. Minecraft needs a little setup for it, but DF runs perfectly out of the box, and Atomic Tanks can be found in a portable version on an awesome website.

Wait, you mean it doesn't support using wheels? Bummer. Guess I'd better go cross it off my Christmas list.

That being said, my PC experience has been fairly short, as I only semi-recently (2-3 yrs) converted to PC.

Absolute #1) Battle for Middle-Earth. I'm a LOTR guy, and it was just fun. Not really complex or anything, but a great way to kill a looot of time.

2) FO:NV/FO:3 - Both great games, even with some minor issues with New Vegas, which the patches smoothed out. Modded out the wazoo, of course. (Is there any other way to play Fallout?)

3) Halo: Combat Evolved - Oh the fun. The campaign was nice, but the multiplayer had soooo many servers with random mods that were just fun to play. Nothing ground-breaking, just amusing. Unlimited rockets for the win.

4) MW2 / Bad Company 2 - I played them both, and couldn't put one over the other if I tried. Each of them are different, with their own ups and downs, and are both good games, some balance issues aside.

5) Call of Duty: Black Ops - Fairly new game, I'm sure you all know it's got some issues, but man it is so much fun. It's like Battlefield met MW2 and had an awesome baby with a few birth defects.

6) Minecraft / Dwarf Fortress - "Indie" games that are fairly well-known, and addictively fun.

7) America's Army 3 - Pretty cool, very tactical, and really involved, which is cool. Though if you aren't playing with friends, it's not quite as fun, because players aren't huge on the teamwork, sometimes.

8) Atomic Tanks - A flash game that is exactly what it says... you have a tank, and you kill other tanks. It's got some strategy, but is mostly just funny. You can blow up Caesar's tank as he makes oh so many comical statements.

Number 6 and 8 also get another ups for one special fact: They're portable. They run flawlessly from a flash drive. Minecraft needs a little setup for it, but DF runs perfectly out of the box, and Atomic Tanks can be found in a portable version on an awesome website.

Hot Pursuit is still damn good with a 360 pad and well worth buying, the lack of wheel support is ridiculous though when you consider the last NFS game and Burnout both supported wheels. It's not as if wheel support is complicated, it can be done through DirectX with little effort, something people keep telling those morons at Codemasters with their limited wheel support.