Top 30 single player pc games

evildead789

I went from Sports series to Exotics in one sitting, it was that addictive.

And once you've got everything, you'll just want to drive it all.

The scenery is good enough to actualy vindicate owning a convertible, but the map is also varied enough that even muscle cars have their uses.

I mean, you dont know what V-8 means till you've driven a Shelby GT 500 SuperSnake down Three Points Road at full speed, likewise luxury tourers like the Alfa Romeo 8C spyder may be only slightly faster than barges, but when you're blasting down Grand Ocean Drive in one, you justt dont notice the sub 300 KMH top speed.

But then you get the Zonda, and the Agera, and the Veyron, and the Stirling Moss, and suddenly you just cant stop driving, around every corner is a new sort of road to try it out on, a new challenge. It's totaly addictive.

Edited by Vindekarr

1.) Doom

2.) Doom II

3.) Final Doom

4.) Oblivion

5.) Morrowind

6.) Fallout 3

7.) Fallout New Vegas

8.) Doom 3

9.) Doom 3: Resurrection Of Evil

10.) The Suffering

11.) The Suffering: The Ties That Bind

12.) Diablo

13.) Diablo II

14.) Halo

15.) Halo 2

16.) Prey

17.) The Witcher

18.) Dragon Age: Origins

19.) Quake

20.) Heretic

21.) Hexen

22.) Wolfenstein

23.) Marathon

24.) Duke Nukem

25.) Daggerfall

26.) Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic

27.) Two Worlds

28.) Myst

29.) Riven

30.) Descent

• 1 year later...

I'm a little confused. Can games on this list have multiplayer, if we just liked them for the single player?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Dragon Age 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*2. Dark Souls (Doesn't really fit, as there is an online component, but I love the single player.)

3. Half Life 2

4. Dragon Age Origins

5. Mass Effect 2

6. Minecraft

7. Kotor 2; TSL

8. Mass Effect

9. Kotor

10. Oddworld

11. Morrowind

*12. Sacred 2 (Again, probably doesn't count, as there is online play. . .which I just never played.)

13. Oblivion

14. Two Worlds 2

15. Stalker; Call of Pripyat

16. Penumbra; Black Plague

17. Skyrim

18. Homeworld

19. Neverwinter Nights 2

. . . I can't think of any others that I've played that deserve to be on my list right now. I'm sure there are a ton, but I haven't played all that many pc games.

Edited by Aegrus

Other than a few years on the PS2, am almost entirely a PC gamer.

1. Dragons Age Origins

2. Oblivion (heavily modded)

3. Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

4. Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction

5. Gothic 3

6. Kingdoms of Amalur

7. Silent Hill 2

8. Lionheart Legacy of the Crusaders

9. Dragons Age 2

10. Baldurs Gate: Throne of Bhall

11. Divinity 2

12. Silent Hill Homecoming

13. Tomb Raider Anniversary

14. Morrowind

15. Beyond Good and Evil

16. Icewind Dale 2

17. Final Fantasy VII

18. Freelancer

19. Dear Esther

20. Torchlight

Pretty heavily rpg based list. The one game never to be on the PC, that I would love to become a PC game, is Project Zero 2 (Fatal Frame 2 in the US).

• 2 weeks later...

ThePesmergia said:

Quest for Glory 4: Shadows of Darkness 'nuff said.

' Man!!! You have just MADE MY DAY!!! :-D

' The entire Quest for Glory series is - to me - one of the top 5 game series of all time!!! QfG, the Thief, and Fallout series are probably the top three off the top of my head. Of all time! Endless love to them! :-)

' I actually have both (COMPLETE, series - QfG 1 through 5, and Thief 1 through 3) installed to my laptop as I write this. And am in the process of replaying each series from the first game through the end. Currently on QfG 4 - Shadows of Darkness (only JUST started it - with my character I've exported through each predecessor) and Thief 1 - The Dark Project, Mission 3.

' Actually, while I'm replying... I see some guys mentioned Doom 3 as a top 30. If that's the case, and if anyone else reading this likes either Doom 3 or the Thief series, I would SERIOUSLY recommend you have a look at "The Dark Mod" [.com] - it's a Doom 3 T.C. mod that essentially uses the Doom 3 engine to bring Thief gameplay into the more modern / current realm. No real campaign exists, but there are a HUGE number of missions and mini-campaigns to download and play. It really is VERY good - anyone with Thief, or even Doom 3 likeage should give it a bash! :)

' Okay. That wasn't entirely off-topic. But I suppose enough that I should declare myself done and getting back to the point. <Grins>