I love that The Elder Scrolls is Different

Hexxagone

I really appreciate that Dark Elves are not evil elves that live underground and plot to destroy the surface world. High Elves are not beautiful hippie elves who are close allies with the humans. Orcs are not mindless brutes who live in caves, in TES they have a place in society. The "Dwarves" are not short fat people you have seen 1000 times. Even the human races are varied and not clichés of the RPG genre.

Its a breath of fresh air.

They kind of are...

Altmer see themselves as pretty.

Bosmer are your common wood elves.

Dunmer are known to be cruel and tell lies.

Dwarves lives underground.

Orcs are kind of brutes.

But TES has the best races, game and lore wise imo.

They kind of are...

Altmer see themselves as pretty.

Bosmer are your common wood elves.

Dunmer are known to be cruel and tell lies.

Dwarves lives underground.

Orcs are kind of brutes.

But TES has the best races, game and lore wise imo.

That's a bit of an oversimplification...

The Altmer don't see themselves as pretty, they see themeselves as pure, perfect and unsullied by the world.

The Bosmer are far from common Wood Elves... They are cannibalistic, tree-worshiping savages

The Dunmer aren't particularly cruel, nor do they lie... Unless you're anyone but a Morrowind-Born Dunmer

The Dwarves are absolutely nothing like Dwarves in other settings beyond the fact they live underground

The Orcs are far from brutes! They are a sophisticated warrior culture... Alas we only see the Strongholds, and not the Iron City... so it's hard to depict.

Well, if your going to oversimplify things to such an extent, one might as well simply state all fantasy world's with Humans are just the same thing. Or that settings with gravity are all generic and based off the same world.

Nuanced differences, rather than generalities, are the important part.

Well, if your going to oversimplify things to such an extent, one might as well simply state all fantasy world's with Humans are just the same thing. Or that settings with gravity are all generic and based off the same world.

Nuanced differences, rather than generalities, are the important part.

But that what most TES players ( that don't go into the lore much.) see and think of the races mostly. That why my point is oversimplified.

What I like is that similar to real life, all the races have there cliche's however, you often meet people who are the exact opposite of those cliche's. and best of all YOU can be the one to break those cliche's

I like that racism is alive and well in TES since it's more realistic that way. And I also like that despite the racism there's still multiculturalism and racial interplay that happens all the time.