Help with 3ds max 2015

Fellbeast1

OK, I just started 3d modding and in 3ds max 2015 i created a basic sword HERE is a screen shot of it(, I've saved it as a .max). what i'd like to know is if anyone can tell me how to properly make the UVs and what ever else is needed to make it work in Skyrim. plus any other helpful information for a very very new 3d modeler.

I use 2012.. there's no option to do this natively, I know *nothing* about 2015, and don't think there is many that moved over to that version for Skyrim modeling. So what you could do.. is convert to Editable Mesh and then export it.. and re-import it into max. This will then be triangulated. Switch to Editable Poly so you can do stuff.

I'm unsure of this method though, so save your work first.

Another option is select all vertices, and hit connect. Again, not sure about this. I tested it on a simple cube and it did triangulate it. Just don't know how well it will do on an entire model.

Should things break, and you have no fall back file(like if Max crashed, or you forget to save first, etc), there is Quadrify Modifier, AND a quadrify tool in the Graphite Modeling Tools under the Geometry Tab. It's not perfect, but will turn the majority of triangles back to quads.

I use 2012.. there's no option to do this natively, I know *nothing* about 2015, and don't think there is many that moved over to that version for Skyrim modeling. So what you could do.. is convert to Editable Mesh and then export it.. and re-import it into max. This will then be triangulated. Switch to Editable Poly so you can do stuff.

I'm unsure of this method though, so save your work first.

Another option is select all vertices, and hit connect. Again, not sure about this. I tested it on a simple cube and it did triangulate it. Just don't know how well it will do on an entire model.

Should things break, and you have no fall back file(like if Max crashed, or you forget to save first, etc), there is Quadrify Modifier, AND a quadrify tool in the Graphite Modeling Tools under the Geometry Tab. It's not perfect, but will turn the majority of triangles back to quads.

Thanks! I tried the connecting all vertices method and it worked:)

Edited by Fellbeast1

I finally had some time to try and work on this stuff but... NEW PROBLEMS... I can triangulate the mesh and make a UV for, but when i export it as a .obj and then import in into NifSkope the UV is all messed up, also the mesh looks a lot different than other meshes, but even after selecting "Face Normals" it still looks of. The only thing i can think of is that I need an older version of NifSkope, but all the links that i have found are dead:(

and, HERE are the screenshots of the different stages of it.