Heavy Traffic ×

Problem Modding Dragonborn Dialogue

bingnergal

Hi everyone, I am a relatively inexperienced modder, so I just wanted to do something simple for my mod.

All I wanted to do was create an overhaul similar to Kualan's Game of Thrones Overhaul, only far less ambitious. The world I am doing is my own. I just need to know a few things.

My Main Problem:

My methodology is essentially to change names and words in the Dialogue. There is no change in the scripts, or in any core game mechanics, only how the story is told. What I tended to do was change the Display Name (not the ID) and the Dialogue Text, (not the Scripts). This worked fine with Vanilla Skyrim, but I have a problem when trying to do the same to the DLC. When I open up the DLC, the DLC says that it could not find TopicInfo for the Quests, and when I change the dialogue, the CK tells me that it could not validate or back up the scripts, and certain scripts were affected.

The Effect:

Essentially, the problem becomes that certain DLC quests will not activate once modified. For example, in "Dragonborn", I am supposed to meet the Cultists who attack me on learning I am the Dragonborn. In this DLC, we meet, have the dialogue, and then they do not attack. (Obviously, their orders do not spawn in their inventory.)

The Question: What do I need to do to allow the Creation Kit to find the TopicInfo for the DLC and thus allow me to modify the dialogue for the DLC?

What I have done: For the record, I have tried unpacking the BSA's from the DLC's using the Fallout Mod Manager. What I did was unpack the BSA's themselves into Skyrim's Data Folder. This did not work. Was there something else I was supposed to do?