One person's experience, for what it's worth.

GSajer

:blush:

This mod is both brilliant and brutal. I'm no stranger to xcom.

I've won at classic/ Ironman multiple times. But this is a whole new animal. Forget any of the conventional wisdom with this beast. I am thoroughly intimidated. I'm not giving up, but there are moments when I am uncertain this thing is winnable at all. I'm now using normal mode with some carefully selected advanced options. I'm barely hanging on and deteriorating. It's not boring, but I'd sure like some reassurance by someone that progress can be made into the middle game. (whew) If the concept of Long War was challenge they've accomplished that to the wall.

• 2 weeks later...

Long War is the mod (The Mod!), but not every mod is Long War. :wink:

What I mean, if you want to leave some LW related comment, please, use LW forum tree. Or at least state specifically that you're talking about Long War. :wink:

Fine. This thing has got 50% more convoluted discussions than it needs. In any event, what I'd like to convey is that anyone interested in this mod must be warned: This is not a nerf of the original. It will rip your lungs out. Take THAT to the bank.

Edited by GSajer

• 5 weeks later...

I've tried and tried with the best skills and experience I have which is considerable. Until I read that at least one person has won this thing at the most basic level, I'm done burning up precious life on it. Good luck.

Edited by GSajer

:geek:

Post Script. I'm back at it again. I finally found a comment and strategy site that inspired me to try again, as brutal as it is. The complexity and imagination of this thing is just too compelling to let go of. I guess I'll just keep trying until I win a campaign or I have a stroke --whichever comes first.

Post Script. I'm back at it again. I finally found a comment and strategy site that inspired me to try again, as brutal as it is. The complexity and imagination of this thing is just too compelling to let go of. I guess I'll just keep trying until I win a campaign or I have a stroke --whichever comes first.

Welcome back, Commander. :)

:ohmy:

I will say this: If you think you're a bad-ass gamer, and you want a challenge, this it. One mistake, or the least bit of complacency, and this thing will rip your lungs out and bind your hands with your own entrails. This one, you will not sneer at.

Want to let us in on it? Maybe post a link?

• 3 weeks later...