Hearthfire House Options (request mod)

PestMastah

Rather than dive into modding (which I don't have time to do) I make a request for a special mod for Hearthfire homes (all 3).

It seems to me there are too many smelters/anvils/grinders able to be placed all over a Hearthfire home.

How about making taking some of those (like the outside grinders and the ones in the basement) and allowing for the option of something else?

* For example an outside Smelter can be a "hot bath spa" (no bigger than the smelter itself).
* The weapon grinder outside can also be an optional "Archery target" (really, this is where archery targets should be.. not inside a house)

* workbench can become something else.

Basically it would play out like this... when you are at the crafting bench you will see two options "(A) Smelter (B) Hot Bath, (A) Grinder (B) Archery Target , (A) Workbench (B) whatever else would go well outside the home in place of the bench

Once one of these is made the other option vanishes as well from the list.

----

Inside the house I got two ideas for changes I think would be better. Either one would probably make the house mods a bit more interesting.

Personally, I think the basement is the perfect place for any smelters, grinders, and workbenches.

Having an additional "armory" room almost seems needless. Why not do away with the "armory" and instead add a "Bathhouse" as one of the three options?

Either that our do the same for the basement as I suggest for the outside of the house. Basement could have two options for development: 1) Weapons/armor creation room with plenty of plaques or 2) a bathhouse/pleasure area for people who want to immerse.

This would leave out the religious shrines OR perhaps those could be moved to the "armory" wing and have it called a "Shrine wing". THAT would fit in more with the family idea of a house.

One final idea or thought... perhaps some of the "wing options" can be swapped around a little.

Since there are three wings with three options each... and you can only make one wing at a time, why not allow the drafting board more choices for each wing thereafter by allowing the possibilities remaining ?

A Bedroom wing, a kitchen wing, and a ... "hottub wing" (or shrine wing)

What I am requesting is for some mod-making genius to figure out a way to allow a few more options to the houses of hearthfire.

Something that can stay LORE-friendly as possible but also set an example of what you can do better than bethesda did.

My family house is near Falkreath and has bedrooms (kids), storage room, and kitchen.
I use an alchemy house near Morthal (swamp area) that has the alchemy, inside garden, and library

The other house I have has the enchanter, trophy room, and armory

Of course all houses have the smelters n stuff in the basement. Kind of a waste for the shrines (NPC's actually do kneel in front of them when idling, and they don't go into the basement unless u take them)

be nice to be able to mix n match more options to the houses.

Someone could experiement by making a FOURTH house somewhere in the game for testing all this.... if someone can do this, make a "sprial staircase" to the basement instead of a new cell so that NPC's (housecarls, wives, kids, or stewards) can wander down there to the hottubs or shrines or whatever.