Requiem "Too hard"

MorningStar7

I get Requiem is supposed to make Skyrim much more intense and hard, but I have my Damage output at 400% and Damage Received at 10% and I find it almost impossible to kill one wolf, and that's pathetic....
Now I know with requiem you have to think and plan ahead of time before charging into battle, but when you cant kill a mere wolf, seriously, is it worth it?

A lot of people make references to Requiem being like Dark souls (played) or Morrowind (Never played), But i honestly find Dark souls the easiest out of requiem.
not to mention though that with Requiem you can have either 20k health or 120 and a mere wolf will still take the same Chunk of health out of you (Same goes for Stamina and Magica)

I've come to realize Requiem Relies on Percentages rather than Actual Numbers... which can be a major issue when you want to play "Realistically",
to me Realistically is being able to Kill a wolf with 2/3 Arrows (with no skill), in Requiems case it's 50 Arrows and it still has 50% health (Unreal - Skilled or not Skilled). need i remind you I have MY damage output at 400% and Damage Taken at 10% + high amounts of health and still some how almost being taken down by a wolf, even while using a sword and shield instead of a bow.

Albeit I love the Rest of Requiem, But not the Combat, it's unbalanced.
Anyone got any Advice/ideas how to fix this?

Balance is so very relative. It depends on your load order and style of play, read it depends on one billion of different factors. What is balanced and fair in my game may be far too hard in yours etc..

I cannot speak for overhaul mods as I use my own but there are two mods that help greatly in balancing your experience: SkyTweak and Dynamic Difficulty.

SkyTweak allows you to alter pretty much any game setting at run time. Dynamic Difficulty adjusts the difficulty dynamically, although to me the main feature is that you can set the damage taken / damage dealt to any value.

I think Requiem is well endorsed and appreciated so the fault is more likely to lie with you.

Okay, a long time Requiem player here.

That the thing about this mod, at the start you suck mister! And that is the beauty of it.

The following things will own you: bears, horses, wolves, spiders and bandits, expect if you have heavy armor and some healing.

You may be asking then, how do I level?

First, try to level your combat skills first, leveling up crafting will do you nothing in battle. Get some money and look for a trainer, ranged weapon, magic. Or even a better target, a mud crab!

There are two types of mudcraps who differ in size, one big and the other small. Train one small ones. Before you know it, you are level 2-4 and you are able to attack wild life.