Cant switch ammo types in my mod.

NDDragor

So in my Mod I have a new worldspace and if I enter it and my character has different ammo types for one gun he can switch between them but the ammo I find, buy or craft in my worldspace except the normal ammo cant be equipped. If I leave my worldspace and travel back to the Mojave I still cant use the different ammo types only the standart ammo. So basically all of the unique ammo types which I placed in my worldspace cant be used. I checked severall times in Geck but there is no difference between the ammo I have placed there and the ammo that is in the wasteland. Any idea what could cause this? I checked this with severall Characters and saves and tried everythink i could think of in the game so it must be something that i messed up in GECK.

The weapons use ammo from a form list. Each type of ammo has a specific form list it uses for that caliber ammo (they have names like AmmoList10mm, etc). The weapons use this list as their ammo form, and the engine gets the ammo type from there. In order for your new ammo to work with these lists you must add them.

However there's a catch. If you edit those lists for your mod, they will override any other changes. GRA makes changes to shotgun and a few other lists, so if you make changes to those lists you either break GRA, or have to make a patch. The solution is to use NVSE to script add your ammo to the lists using

ListAddForm SomeFormList YourAmmo
This has its own issues however, in that the change made only lasts for a play session, it's not saved in the game save, so you need to make the script run once (and only once) when the game is loaded.