"No stone unturned"- helper quest mod [The sentinel of Barenziah's crown]

Th3Boar

Hello Nexus-Forum,

I am once again here to ask for your help. So to make a quick summary, I started a playthrough and felt like the "prowlers profit" power would be nice to have "rather" early on. But as there is nothing really helping you find the stones I thought to myself, "Man, I would like a mod that hints at locations or something among those lines".

I feel like there is only one type of mod out there for this quest, map markers to the exact location and I find that very boring.

Instead I wanted to make a mod, that lets the player "hunt down" the stones with clues in a sort of scavenger hunt. A courier delivers a book and a letter to the player, after he/she talked to Vex (in the thief's guild), about the stones of Barenziah. The Book gives the first clues and the next clues can befound at the locations pointed out by the book. Additonally, after reaching a certain amount of stones (ten and twentytwo) a courier delivers a Letter with a clue for the last two locations not mentioned so far.

Now to give an overview of the planned quest:

Pre-Quest: The player found a stone and has never talked to Vex about it.

Stage 1: The player has found a stone and has talked to vex about it; The "stone-counter" is now activated. After the player activated the dialouge about the unusual gems with Vex, a courier delivers a Letter and a Book to the player containing the first locations.

Stage 2: The player has found ten stones. A courier delivers a note concerning the location of another stone.

Stage 3: The player has found twentytwo stones. A courier delivers a note concerning the location of another stone.

The problem is, I have no modding experience. But I sat down and wrote down the contents of the book as well as the notes I planned on placing next to some of the stones. I think this should not be a too complicated mod to do for an experienced modder. I attempted on doing it, but I really have no clue what I am doing and how to either make a quest to use the vanilla courier to deliver the note, book and two other notes at later stages, nor did I manage to actually get the objects, that I created in CK, in-game (via console-commands) to see if they work.

That's it. In my head it is supposed to work alongside the vanilla questline with a "silent-ending" of this quest after stage 3, so that the normal "no stone unturned"-quest can finish off the quest. It is just supposed to be a scavenger hunt-like mod. I would also be more than happy to try making this mod myself, but I got stuck as I mentioned befor AND have no modding experience. So a helping hand in either direction would be appreciated.

I know, this idea is rather late, seeing, as the game is pretty old, but I just noticed, that there is no real way of finding the stones except from sheer luck or by studying the locations and memorizing them (or by the aformentioned "questmarker-solution").

If you have read this far, thank you for your time. It is greatly appreciated. For further information (or the actual text) please feel free to comment. I would pass on my "progress" via dropbox-link.

Sincerly,

The_Boar

Edited by secretsniper01