3dsMax CRASHES when exporting my Nif

Karibdyss

Im not sure wat NifTool Plugin Im using but I know that I'm using 3dsmax 2012 ... I think its the 3.4.2 version of the NifTools......
But I dont get it.... I just exported my Lamia creature(which has wayy more models than my thunderbird) and its fine... but this thunderbird will always crash when exporting....... I followed MultiDarkDavid's tutorial but it wont work for the nif.....

Deleting and reapplying the BSDismemberment modifier saved me. Cant remember where i read it, but it said, delete and add a new one. Never had a crash since. Unless i forget to do that thing, than oh yeah, starts exporting and than the good ol Max has crashed blah blah wanna send report. Try it, might just work. Tho, im mostly doing stuff with armors, so dont know if your .nif has skin instance rather than dismember modifier. Might work with skin instance as well. GL, hope it helps.

Edit: Just to elaborate a bit, just in case. Once the mesh is made, skin modifiers and weighting is done than you apply a new BSDismember modifier, select the Bipeds and highlight those accordingly.

Edited by theimmersion

Did you try to export mesh only, mesh with skin only and mesh with skin and dism. modifiers?

That should tell you if the mesh crashes or skin or the dism. modifier and we know where to look and what to concentrate on fixing.

Can you send me the file? Ill try a few things and send you back the .max file to examine and the working .nif and ill post here what i did. If i make it work. If not, ill inform you and youll probably have to make it from scratch unless someone else is willing to give it a look that actually has more knowledge than me, and im no modeler. But i have my ways for some reason and maybe im the lucky guy/charm. xD

Edited by theimmersion