Textures Don't Fit, nudes that have panties..

ruserious

I keep getting this problem, had it in FO3 as well. I did a re-install and put in the FOMOD version of BOG and all seemed to go well.

Then as I modded along, all the while wearing clothes /armor I didn't notice when this problem came back but it's back. Hopefully here is a screen shot of what is going on now.

If I turn off ArchiveInvalidation she goes back to vanilla, wearing the white and gray underwear and it all looks fine. When I turn A.I. back on then when she's supposed to be nude, she has that ill fitting skin and brown panties/bikini bottom.(the black one is so I can put the pic up to show what's wrong!!) I have saved games from where it was right but those were 40+hours ago and when I load them now they inherit the same problem.

I tried going back with no mods at all and then it looked vanilla as it should, then I add the BOG back as the one and only mod and it messed it all up again.Now I have tried going back and putting in the type 3 files from Diamond999 and then the others but it's still messed up... Has anyone had this and KNOWS how to fix it WITHOUT a re-install???? I'd REALLY like to learn what the problem is and be able to avoid or fix it now and in the future...

THANKS....

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/1177791-1291432767.jpghttp://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/1177791-1291432767.jpg

Yes it is. I have ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa and the ini files have been edited accordingly...As I typed in the first post, when I toggle ArchiveInvalidation on or off in NVMM the vanilla underwear comes and goes as it should, but when it's on I get the brown panties.I had it right from the start but somewhere it got changed and I can't fix it...

your textures are incorrect then.

what is happening is the body mod replacer is working, the mesh is there. But the texture that is displaying is the incorrect one. but you knew that. the only thing I can suggest is double check you have correctly extracted the textures for you body mod into the correct folder.

With archive invalidated, I tend to get a similar issue, maybe the same one. For key characters, the type 3 body is just fine, say a companion or my courier. Its the regular npcs that have a texture issue, where it appears that the regular female body is being mixed with type 3 textures/mesh or something. Like Joanna, she looks pretty bad in her outfit with her breasts appearing below the cups, etc.

Maybe adding textures to the regular female folder would work?

If your character looks naked when they're actually naked, its an issue between the clothing/armor not being matched up with the mesh (was my problem and found out that someone had redone the basic clothing and armor for type 3 and that fixed my issues).

If your character is naked and you still have that issue, the problem is either between your archive invalidation and textures. I'd suggest grabbing the archive invalidation test mod (its pretty simple and easy to install/uninstall) just to make sure it's operating properly. If the test fails, then you probably need to edit the ini files a little differently. If it passes, then you know its a texture issue, and you need to reinstall the textures and make sure they're in the right place.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem. Weird thing is everything worked fine for a few days. Then all of the sudden I load my game and the textures looked like that screenshot above. I did not mess with the files in any way. I just quit the game, went to work and got back to crappy textures.

By the way, the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa is still there. It's line in the .ini files is still there. The SArchiveList vallue is still 1... I don't know what else to do other than reinstalling everything, which I'd rather not since it will take forever.