Textures Don't Fit, nudes that have panties..

ruserious

Well. u can always use nifskope and set the texture paths by cliking on the flower icon in the bsshaderpplightingproperty bsshadertextureset

If you are sure everything else is in proper order.

I have had a weird issue before where my textures were properly set but they werent showing up . Had to keep setting that in nifskopy until i finaly decided to go ahead and import nif int bledner again.

Maybe its a bug on my computer.

I think I've found what's wrong. There seems to be some kind of mixup with the recent version of Beware of Girl and the Archive Invalidation. Once I did a clean install of NV and installed an older beware of girl fomod, all texutres where back to normal.

It's either that or some conflict with another mod I didn't install after the new game installation.

Wow that sounds waaay too technical for my common mortal mind.

By the way, I tried a clean install of the game and all the mods. Didn't work :( This is ridiculous! Everything worked like a charm. Textures can't have vanished by themselves...

Its not technical at all. if you open the nif file with nifskope you can see the little plus sign that says ninode. expand those and look at the different thingys in there. then u will find the part i mentioned and see the paths and its just like using any other regular computer program. They made changing texture paths very user friendly. just look for the flower icon.

I encourage you to fix your problems without reinstalling cause u never learn anything if u just reinstall. and u waste time in the long run.

Anyway the time i had a problem. Well i did have 2 texture files with the same name in the folder and then deleted the old one. it was probably cause i had a hidden character in my filename and that can happen sometimes. lately i have had a couple issues with my keyboard localization settings and stuff. its anoying. But. i remember hearing about texture paths getting mesed up in the nif before from somewher so i think its possible to have such an issue without hidden characters or anything.

Edited by baduk

Wow that sounds waaay too technical for my common mortal mind.

By the way, I tried a clean install of the game and all the mods. Didn't work :( This is ridiculous! Everything worked like a charm. Textures can't have vanished by themselves...

Its not technical at all. if you open the nif file with nifskope you can see the little plus sign that says ninode. expand those and look at the different thingys in there. then u will find the part i mentioned and see the paths and its just like using any other regular computer program. They made changing texture paths very user friendly. just look for the flower icon.

I encourage you to fix your problems without reinstalling cause u never learn anything if u just reinstall. and u waste time in the long run.

Anyway the time i had a problem. Well i did have 2 texture files with the same name in the folder and then deleted the old one. it was probably cause i had a hidden character in my filename and that can happen sometimes. lately i have had a couple issues with my keyboard localization settings and stuff. its anoying. But. i remember hearing about texture paths getting mesed up in the nif before from somewher so i think its possible to have such an issue without hidden characters or anything.

This is on a PC, its technical =P

I've had the same problem, and it was a matter of changing the archivelist load order - part of the learning process is not wasting time delving off into tangent areas or more time consuming possibilities. Reinstalls are invaluable (when done right) as it allows you to test for the same problem without all the variables (as in, is it a mod problem, or is it just a game problem or save problem).

• 3 months later...

Ok, 4 months later and this is the best thread I could find that explains this issue. I only recently got into modding NV but it's pretty f***in fun and the grey panties quickly became the bane of my existance. 4 hours later I didn't do a reinstall, but I deactivated what I could in FOMM and deleted the texture and meshes folders from /data/ as well as the matching .bsa and .esm files. Started from scratch, I used BoG package activation prompt to 'test' the legitimacy of my 'Archive invalidation invalidated!' and realized somehow the Ai.bsa was missing... here's what I did next:

- modified the 3 .ini fallout files to include "bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1" and the standard crap to invalidate invalidation.

- opened FOMM > Tools > (already checked) Archive Invalidation: Hit it once, then hit it again. This creates the Ai.bsa file may alter the .ini files as well. ... that's ok. Don't go back into them and f*** them up. Somehow it works this way.

- Reinstalled BNB body and armor first, issue is gone.

So far my best guess as to what initially caused the problem is aliens from the future.

I know this doesn't say much, could be summed up with "Standard Troubleshooting" but I figured I would detail it out for the forum. You DON'T have to reinstall. I can tell you're using BNB textures/meshes possibly just BB. The same crazy skin color issue and 'dented' boobs happened in my game as well. The only thing I did differently in the install of BNB second time around was to not mess with the nipple size options.. left as default. I'm still systematically adding more mods again waiting for something to break it... will try to keep this updated with further findings...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...