All you need to know about Vampirism

Povuholo

As far as Vampirism goes, I've become fond of this mod ever since I started using it. Just makes some subtle changes, but I enjoy them. It's a great way to play as a Vampire without suffering through the aesthetic abomination your character becomes. I'm especially happy with it for my custom race characters, since those seemed to suffer the worst disfigurement, even in the earliest stages of Vampirism. It's not as involved as Nature of the Beast, but it makes enough small changes for the "casual Vampire" I guess we'll call it, to still enjoy the experience. Nice for gameplay too, as I soon discovered that if I fed regularly I could go outside during the day without Sun Damage. The sun is still a problem if you don't keep up with that, but it keeps Vamprirism from crippling you when you're trying to do a quest, especially one that would require you to break into someone's house at night just to talk to an NPC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any mod or combo around that would let you play as a good vampire? Prefurably not downright hidious like Angel(sounds corny I know, but hey, I like that show), without massive drawbacks, other than sun damage? Not to mention, NOT having to bite people's necks, lol :laugh:

• 2 months later...
This is an extremely detailed, and complete guide. I wish I had seen it when I had Vamperism a while ago. Biggest pain in the *** ever! Very, very helpful, good job!

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

I accidentally became a vampire by forgetting to seek healing after catching haemophilic polywoggle so I thought I'd try out Lithian's Nature of the Beast. I had only just given the Amulet of Kings to Jauffre and had not long decided to begin the Vampire Cure Quest. My character had already been around people as a vampire without anybody getting upset so it came as a surprise when everyone started shouting, 'Vampire! - kill the filthy beast,' after installing the mod. I avoided towns and anyone who was armed, but ordinary folk got a bit annoying when they would chase after my character and hit her with their fists. Fortunately my character had some paralyse scrolls so that usually took care of the problem.

​I needed to find bloodgrass for the cure so I got my character to climb the rocks at the end of the defense palisades at Kavatch to reach the Oblivion portal in front of the main gates without anyone seeing her. This triggered the Hero of Kavatch Quest so I ran with it. While the quest was running nobody was bothered by my characters status as a vampire, but as soon as the quest ended with my character being given a Kavatch guard's chainmail coat the surviving Imperial Legion soldiers yelled 'Vampire!' and attacked my character. The Kavatch guards immediately sprang to my characters defense and a serious fight broke out. And my character quietly took the opportunity to sneak away.

There was no way my character could look for Martin at this point so she carried on with finishing the cure quest. A lot has been said about bugs in the cure quest, but I didn't strike any and it all went smoothly. It was strange though to return to the refugee camp at Kavatch to find Martin and have my character praised for closing the oblivion gate when a couple of days before the same people in the camp were wanting to beat on her with their fists.